Joystick Plugin

Are you having trouble compiling? The easiest way to use the plugin is to put all the plugin files in the Plugins/ directory of your code based project - then UE4 will find it and compile it. I recommend this branch https://github.com//UEJoystickPlugin right now.

I’ve been planning to update the documentation and make it easier to install, maybe some day soon :slight_smile:

Any chance of supporting linux and mac with this plugin?
Currently so many errors it doesnt build…

Yes, many thanks for this plugin!

Hmm, https://github.com//UEJoystickPlugin doesn’t work with 4.8…

My Plugins-Folder:

BWYerwK.png

In VS it says:

1> Errors detected while compiling D:\Documents\Unreal Projects\VRShowRoom\Intermediate\Build\BuildRules\VRShowRoomEditorModuleRules.dll:
1>d:\Documents\Unreal Projects\VRShowRoom\Plugins\JoystickPlugin\Source\JoystickPlugin\JoystickPlugin.Build.cs(37,74): error CS1739: The optional overloading ‘.ctor’ doesn’t have a parameter named ‘InTargetName’.
(translated from German)

Hi,

quick and dirty solution (to do the things i really want to do). For my it worked if i change the name of the parameter.

OutBuildBinaryConfigurations.Add(
				new UEBuildBinaryConfiguration(UEBuildBinaryType.DynamicLinkLibrary, InProjectFilePath: "SDL2.dll")
			);

Seems epic change some names. I´am not sure if this is really the correct/right parameter, it only compiles and the joystick works in a clean plain 4.8 project. For testing here is a link to a demo (~700MB) project. I only mapped my Joystick (Saitek X52 Pro, Axis 0 and Axis 1) to the moves.

tsky

@tsky - your change worked for me too - just updated to 4.8.1. Thanks! Perhaps submit a pull request of the change to 's repo at https://github.com//UEJoystickPlugin/pulls ?

@ - thanks for the plugin!

@Stormwind, tsky: Yes, a pull request / integration of the new code would really be nice!

Its compiling under 4.8.1 but in the editor its not visible in Input Settings. Also the components etc are not available.

But in Plugins Section of the editor the plugin shows up and its enabled.

Whats the problem?

I just noticed that the Joystick Plugin axes are not appearing under Axis Config in the Engine - Input window, so values like Dead Zone, Sensitivity, Exponent, and Invert can’t be set for the joystick axes. Is this support not implemented yet, or is it a problem with using plugin under 4.8.1?

Hi and first I want to thank to all who contributes to this awesome plugin and most thanks to those who made it. :slight_smile:
I am working on a project where joysticks are essential. Unfortunately I have not been successful in making this plugin work. There is no error while compiling project and everything seems to be ok, plugin is present and enabled in plugin list in unreal but I can’t see the JoystickPluginActor in class viewer or Joystick while adding components to objects. But I can see some functions while in blueprint. Whole “Input - Joystick Input” group (GetJoystick, GetJoystickState, etc.) is there.
Also I can see this output while starting project from VS :

I created many new projects (both C++/blueprint), tried versions 4.7.6 and 4.8.3. Recompiled many times with no errors in VS 2013. I have these X-55 joysticks connected at all times.
I am using the SDL version of plugin where I successfuly compiled SDL library. (I also tried it with downloaded sdl-2.0.3 from official site)
I tried to put plugin in project plugin folder and also in engine plugin folder.
My folder hierarchy atm :

I tried the newest version of plugin from github from tsky1971 and also version from (but there I had to change InTargetName -> InProjectFilePath because of 4.8 engine version changes)
I have Win 8.1, engine installed on system disk. The 4.8.3 is newly installed from today, restarting things doesn’t help in this matter.
Now I am trying it on another computer with fresh installed engines and everything again from scratch.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Just a quick FYI: this plugin is incompatible with Thrustmaster T.Flight sticks. The problem appears to be caused by the device name containing a dot. The fix is simple, just remove the dot from both ProductName and DeviceName, like this:

I’d also recommend removing any references to ProductName and replacing them with DeviceName, to avoid any similar bugs.

Any idea how to get this plugin working with 4.9 ?

It seems you have to edit DefaultInput.ini manually to add axes to that configuration editor, add something like this:

+AxisConfig=(AxisKeyName="Joystick_SaitekProFlightX-55RhinoStick_Axis0",AxisProperties=(DeadZone=0.000000,Sensitivity=0.070000,Exponent=1.000000,bInvert=False))

The documentation is out of date, sorry about that. Look here for now: https://.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?58081-Joystick-support-via-SDL2-library&p=227106&viewfull=1#post227106

Ikarus76, could you please update the Joystick Plugin for UE4.10.2?

Have you solved this problem?

Try this plugin, it is kept updated by tsky: GitHub - tsky1971/UEJoystickPlugin: Unofficial Joystick Plugin for the Unreal Engine

Thanks very much.

Thank you to all who worked on this plugin. I was able to customize a Saitek Pro Yoke with Throttle Quadrant and Rudder pedals with the plugin. Flying in VR is pretty slick I must say. I also recommend manually adding those axis configuration parameters as seen in #81 to adjust sensitivity. Thanks for that tip too!

In post #41 it talks a little about the range in controllers from (0-65536). I will need to investigate this a bit further because the controls right now also move the ailerons, elevator, rudder meshes and it looks a bit jittery. However, if I use the xbox controller setup I had previously implemented it’s smooth as can be. Probably more of a the (0-1) range. If I can get it all smoothed out I will post the setup.

Thanks again.

Thank you so much for this plugin!
I am trying to implement forcefeedback on it. In a previous comment Gentamo had mentioned he had attempted some code but left it. Where would I implement the forcefeedback code within the plugin files?