Jiggle bones using skeletal mesh physics

my pleasure!

Thank you again for this, it’s produced a much improved simulation now. We’re attempting to bake a few of the jiggle bones now, and keep only the necessary ones simulating in real-time, but we’re having a few issues with the Maya toolkit crashing at random moments: Maya ART Crashing when selecting bones - Character & Animation - Epic Developer Community Forums

There is actually one problem with this simulation, still, and that’s interaction with the environment. The bones very occasionally do stretch out, and from observation this seems to be when they are caught on various parts of the environment. I would like the bones to collide with each other, as that provides very nice motion, but I would not like them to collide with the environment (e.g. WorldStatic objects). In the character blueprint, I have set the mesh to only accept collisions from PhysicsActors, and ignore other objects, but this does not seem to work. Is there something I can do to make my bones not collide with the environment?

I would possibly consider adding this as a new bug, so we can assign it to one of the engineers, and since it sounds like a possible bug with the collision setting options.

This thread is starting to get hard to navigate :slight_smile:

Wow this magically fixed everything in my project thank you!