iOS 14.5 breaks all Unreal apps made on Windows (and temporary workaround)

If it helps anyone the commit on Git Hub does indeed work, I believe others have tested it on versions of iOS below 14.5 too.
I am still using 4.26 but I replaced the whole ‘\UE_4.26\Engine\Binaries\DotNET\IOS’ folder with the newly built version from the 4.27 Github release.

1 Like

Hello everyone,

We have fixed the issue for 4.27, for iOS 14.5 and up as well as previous iOS / iPadOS / tvOS versions.
If you can’t wait for release, please update Engine/Binaries/DotNET/IOS from the 4.27 stream on GitHub and you should be good !

You can also get the head rev of these two files and rebuild the iPhone Packager from VS.

Engine/Source/Programs/IOS/iPhonePackager/MachObjects.cs
Engine/Source/Programs/IOS/iPhonePackager/CodeSigning.cs

Thanks,
Axel

8 Likes

Solved, I used IPP from 4.27 preview to resign my ipa, and it just worked.
Thanks!

1 Like

Hello,
I updated my engine to 4.27 to solve this problem, however, after uploading my IPA with Transporter, I still get the same error

ERROR ITMS-90725: “SDK Version Issue. This app was built with the iOS 13.2 SDK. All iOS apps submitted to the App Store must be built with the iOS 14 SDK or later, included in Xcode 12 or later.”

I tried to resign my IPA with iPhonePackager.exe but without success

Do I miss something ?

1 Like

Still having this issue as well, I can deploy locally to the iphone, but to try and submit anything to testflight via transporter fails with the 13.2 SDK message?

Any work around aside from doing full builds on the mac, or forcing c++ remote builds?

Thanks DJR85. Started testing with IOS 15, which also has a new code signing requirement. Was getting the developer of this app needs to update it to work with this version of iOS when opening apps already on the device.

Iphonepackager was giving a 0xe8008029 error when validating new installs. I had tried most of the steps but the resigning app. So far only tested a bp-only project on 4.27 and re-signed it on Big Sur. The process isn’t too tedious as you can just transfer the ipa to your device from xcode.

It’s not working if you have a blueprint only project

Workaround :
Add an empty C++ class

After that, it work properly

1 Like

Hi Now with iOS 15 Apple changed the code signing requirement yet again. I notice on Unreal Github 4.27 branch there is a change committed 2 days ago to fix the iOS 15 signing issue. Is there a plan to release this fix soon? Also, on build and launch on Mac, as Apple removed the instruments tool (recommend xctrace now) we cannot launch to iPad now from 4.27 with Xcode 13. is there a plan to fix soon?

3 Likes

4.27.1 Hotfix released. It claims to fix the problem.

1 Like

Hi, I follow your instruction.

1. I copy MachObjects.cs, CodeSigning.cs
  2. And build IPhonePacker

But I have compile error.

iPhonePackager\MachObjects.cs(15,7,15,18): error CS0246: ‘SysadminsLV’

using SysadminsLV.Asn1Parser;
How can I fix it?

4.27.2 claims to have fixed the instruments tool error to support xcode 13 with xctrace. haven’t tried it yet

Did you ever manage to resolve this? Been struggling with this error for weeks now!

look at the Engine\Source\Programs\IOS\iPhonePackager\iPhonePackager.csproj changed
you can easy to find where to find the SysadminsLV.Asn1Parser

Looks like on Mac everything is working now (codesign and launch on iOS device)