Interior Scene

Nice! But I have some concerns regarding lights brightness, and overall scene exposure. You can’t have that bright lights in real life with that bright environment light. I would suggest to check real values for lights as well real color temperature. For instance for halogens like spots ( now days mostly LED lights) I found in shop lamps with 120Lm, 200Lm and 345Lm. I do believe there exist some more powerful spotlights, but I guess not for normal interior lighting. And yes some static point lights in windows can give you some nice shadows to make objects less floating.

Wow. BTW, why everyone who releases such work never releases a demo to try it out? I am starting to doubt if such works aren’t real or made by normal people or using UE4. /jk

Looks amazing!!

Out of curiosity, where do you get your furniture meshes?

Looking great!

The indirect lighting looks a bit oversmoothed (small detail shadows gone), you can improve that with WorldSettings->Lightmass->IndirectLightingQuality setting to 2 or 4 (will increase build times), then lower IndirectLightingSmoothness to .75 or .6. The default Lightmass settings oversmooth a bit as that is better than noise / splotchiness.

The tight bloom kernel looks unrealistic to me, usually bloom looks best very wide and subtle.

Keep it up

This link has been floating around the office today. Astonishing work, !

I really can’t believe how many ways people have been using UE4 lately.
Pretty cool to see a ton of people getting in on the action.

Great work by the way, !
Really captures a nice feel.

Man, I have to say, I would love to see a fire-fight in that area…

~ Jason

, pretty amazing images :slight_smile:

I have only one question.
Any chance you could give me a hint on how your setup of your white curtains looks like?
I´m really struggeling creating a decent translucent white fabric material for a lamp.
Specially because of this problem:

It always gehts too transparent.
Are your curtain meshes 2 sided / have a thickness?

That horse looks too small and plastic to be a real horse. Plus why would there be a horse inside anyway? Apart from that, real solid work

I recon, and don’t get me started on that dog! :stuck_out_tongue:
Really nice work man.

It’s all in high poly mode .test in my machine is about 32-45fps. Gtx660ti

You are totally right, I’ve tweak the intensity of the spotlight and increase the ao so it looks more natural thank you!

Wow! Thank you for your tips! They are really useful!

Curtain material are the instance from the one that used in official demo"realistic"

Just tweak the color and SSS parameters

The curtain mesh are one side only but apply the two side material on it

Some of them are made by myself via zbrush and max

little animations

https://vimeo.com/107212766

Very nice work!

Great to see some moving pictures!
About the interactive lightswitching thing:
I used to work on this kinda stuff with offline Renderers.
Do you consider GI for these lights and is there a convenient way to do it? Does the lightbuild consider each light for the lightmaps individually or do you have to manually set up some kind of batch-lightbaking?
Highly interested in this topic :slight_smile:

Could the details on the uv mapping, used some other faster technique? by the amount of objects gave a lot of work.
How’s your lightmap Resolution in unreal?

sorry my english

The video is amazing, very well done.

Excellent… :slight_smile: