Interior Scene with VXGI

considering to do that in near future.

Thanks for your info man, it’s really helpful.

Would this be considered indispensable if one were using fully dynamic lighting and already investing in several 1080ti cards?

I’ve not tested this scene with the new 1080ti cards. But ,it seems that a powerful video card is indispensable when using some tech like VXGI.

This is AWESOME! Keep it up man, keep us updated with your work!

Great images!!! Just simply amazing!!!
I have downloaded the VXGI-4.15 and I am using a 1070, everything seems to work fine with no errors. The only thing that bothers me is that my images all look washed out without much color or light. I don´t know if it’s your post processing that´s giving you images such beautiful light and colors or I´m missing something in some settings. I have followed the PDF that was included in the zip file and tried to change a few settings but I can´t seem to improve the color or the light. Any advice you can give me? Thanks.

hi, can i ask you what is your lightmass.ini settings?
this scenes look awesome…

This scene use vxgi, not lightmass. Tweaking the lightmass.ini here won’t do anything.

Thanks phill…
that’s great… Loving this Technology …

Thanks, dude. please be patient with every parameter which apears in PDF instruction file. Try more. And I think finally you’ll get the same result as I am.

hi could you post your settings in PostProcessVolume for vxgi
also is this using skylight with dfao ?
is hbao+ on in this ?

There’s no point to using HBAO+ or DFAO with VXGI. VXGI already has VXAO working with it.

Thanks for sharing, amazing work

This looks absolutely incredible!
I’m so looking forward to when graphics cards are powerful enough to run this in VR =)

hi
i have a problem with VXGI 4.18 can you help me?please
i downloaded vxgi from this link https://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEngine/tree/VXGI-4.18
and build with visual studio .it was very fantastic
every thinks was ok and good working but when i try for render project or teak hi resolution screenshot unreal crashed and i see this masage

Assertion failed: BytesPerPixel [File:L:\UnrealEngine-VXGI-4.18\Engine\Source\Runtime\Windows\D3D11RHI\Private\D3D11RenderTarget.cpp] [Line: 514]

UE4Editor_Core!FDebug::AssertFailed() [l:\unrealengine-vxgi-4.18\engine\source\runtime\core\private\misc\assertionmacros.cpp:414]
UE4Editor_D3D11RHI!ComputeBytesPerPixel() [l:\unrealengine-vxgi-4.18\engine\source\runtime\windows\d3d11rhi\private\d3d11rendertarget.cpp:516]
UE4Editor_D3D11RHI!FD3D11DynamicRHI::ReadSurfaceDataNoMSAARaw() [l:\unrealengine-vxgi-4.18\engine\source\runtime\windows\d3d11rhi\private\d3d11rendertarget.cpp:599]
UE4Editor_D3D11RHI!FD3D11DynamicRHI::RHIReadSurfaceData() [l:\unrealengine-vxgi-4.18\engine\source\runtime\windows\d3d11rhi\private\d3d11rendertarget.cpp:960]
UE4Editor_RHI!FRHICommandListImmediate::ReadSurfaceData() [l:\unrealengine-vxgi-4.18\engine\source\runtime\rhi\public\rhicommandlist.h:4222]
UE4Editor_Engine!TGraphTask<FRenderTarget::ReadPixels'::2’::EURCMacro_ReadSurfaceCommand>::ExecuteTask() [l:\unrealengine-vxgi-4.18\engine\source\runtime\core\public\async askgraphinterfaces.h:784]
UE4Editor_Core!FNamedTaskThread::ProcessTasksNamedThread() [l:\unrealengine-vxgi-4.18\engine\source\runtime\core\private\async askgraph.cpp:651]
UE4Editor_Core!FNamedTaskThread::ProcessTasksUntilQuit() [l:\unrealengine-vxgi-4.18\engine\source\runtime\core\private\async askgraph.cpp:560]
UE4Editor_RenderCore!RenderingThreadMain() [l:\unrealengine-vxgi-4.18\engine\source\runtime\rendercore\private\renderingthread.cpp:327]
UE4Editor_RenderCore!FRenderingThread::Run() [l:\unrealengine-vxgi-4.18\engine\source\runtime\rendercore\private\renderingthread.cpp:461]
UE4Editor_Core!FRunnableThreadWin::Run() [l:\unrealengine-vxgi-4.18\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsrunnablethread.cpp:76]

Great Work…What kind of light are you using behind curtains? Is it emissive material?

Amazing to be able to edit with this level of detail and quality. Is it easy enough to then render out still images and animations using this workflow?

what is your lighting set up…are all you lights set to movable?