Interactive Water Shader Test

Any updates on this please?

The lack of updates make me so very sad :frowning:

Yep. An example is really good and I wanna add something like that in our game. Where can I get some explanations how to achieve this effect?

Yeah… unfortunately I have no significant update on this yet :stuck_out_tongue: I have managed to improve performance a little by doing the normal calculations in the vertex rather than the pixel shader (using the custom UV channel), it’s still over 800 instructions but at least they are performed on the vertex shader which is a lot faster in this case.

It’s possible to cut down the instructions even further by simulating fewer ripples (right now it’s set at 50) but then once new ripples are spawned the older ones disappear abruptly so I’m thinking of adding an option to not spawn a new ripple until an older one fades out first.

I still need to expose parameters (such as fade speed and amplitude multipliers) and make it more configurable in general… then I can upload an alpha version.
://www.mediafire/convkey/2ec3/ywonatx3g1v67ldzg.jpg?size_id=6

Man, I could watch this all day :smiley: Great job, keep it up!

Do you plan on doing any tutorials or doing any sample code / putting this on the market place? Would really like to try this out.

Do you plan on doing any tutorials or doing any sample code / putting this on the market place? Would really like to try this out.

so, any news?

://www.dice.se/news/realtime-interactive-water-waves/

Still work in progress, I’m working on a new system similar to that article actually.

For latest news on what I’m up to I recommend keeping an eye on the community ocean project thread since that’s where I usually post stuff :p.

It’s my expected. Is there any upload

It’s my expected. Is there any upload or any tutorial?

Still nothing? It looks so cool

So… Any news? I’d love to learn how to do this,

Probably dead, it’s a shame.

I know that it’s might no one will hear me but I will give it a try :stuck_out_tongue:
I’m looking for a tutorial to make exactly same like this an interactive water with buoyancy if anyone could suggest any course or youtube video cuz I searched a lot but couldn’t find any good or clear tutorial