Interactive Story Plugin

Howdy. I bought this and I love it. However, I am trying to implement it in my FPS game. When I drop the interactive story controller into the level I cannot play my character without it automatically loading the cutscenes. Is there a place I can enter in the settings where it will not load until the character enters a certain part of the level first?

Thanks!

Hey, simply disconnect Begin Play node in InteractiveStoryController blueprint to prevent it showing cutscenes at the beginning. Call SetNextCiinematic function when you want it to start.

You can also bind event to OnInteractiveStoryEnded event to continue controlling your FPS character when the cinematic ends.

Is there a simple way to say add the interactive story blueprint to launch when my character runs into a trigger box? I was hoping I could just have it load when my character activates trigger boxes. Otherwise, I have to study a not more blueprints as I am still fairly new to blue prints. Yet, I am good at trigger boxes. Usually, cast to character and launch sequencers that way. Thanks.

Yes, it should be that way. Just make your player invisible when the story mode starts.

I bought the plug-in but I have a question.
How do i start the interactive story as soon as i start the level?
Thanks in advance for the reply.
However I like the plugin and I wanted to congratulate you on the wonderful job done.

Thank you very much. Interactive story starts at the beginning of the level by default.

Hey, great Plugin. I was wondering if i start a story when i walk on a trigger, will my character stand on the right pos. on finish when the sequence moves the character?

This plugin plays sequencers one after the other based on input.
The character you are controlling and the character in your sequencer might be different so you might need to hide your character when the sequencer starts and make it visible when the sequencer ends manually.

1 Like

Ok, cause is only need a sequence from time to time not one to another.
Means i have to make it on my own to Control the character after sequence and start another on a trigger.

True, the plugin already runs an event when the story is over, so you possess the character back there.

1 Like