Integrated Dialog Editor

Cheap and extremely versatile, that’s always something nice to see. In case I missed it, how is it performance wise ? and are there any plans for video tutorials ? as i’d very much like to see the approach on more complex stuff that you can do with it.
Other than that, you have a purchase from me as soon as Sequencer support is added. Keep up the good work.

Hey guys,

I am glad to inform you that the plugin is now on the marketplace! I’ve contacted Epic to see what can be done about providing people who purchased it on Gumroad keys, I’ll let you know as soon as that happens. I am away for the weekend so I will start diligently working on the new features come Monday (also push the 4.12 update). Video tutorials are something I will definitely do.

As for performance - there should be absolutely no performance impact whatsoever. There are no persistent background ticks, it’s all event based and it’s not doing any heavy lifting as far as processing goes. As discussed earlier, I will research the possibility of sequencer integration, however since sequencer is in and on itself a plugin, it might be tricky.

I haven’t tested it on linux but see no reason why it shouldn’t work. You can the pre-packaged .dll files and the source code in the package. It doesn’t use any platform specific functions, everything goes through UE4. If you do run into any issues with building it, let me know and we can work it out.

Just bought the plugin. These ******** from epic are not providing a linux launcher so I had to install windows, to start the launcher. Now I have to install the complete engine, to download a source code package. This is such a waste of bandwidth, time and disc space. I just installed the core engine, but I hope I will get the source for this plugin when I download it via the launcher (without the engine source code). If this fails, can I send you my recipe, that I bought the plugin? And could you send me the source code via mail? This is so ****ing stupid, I am feeling like they want Linux Users to stop buying from them.

Hey, sorry to hear about the linux issues. :frowning: But at least the silver lining is that the plugin source is included. Unfortunately it’s been almost a week without a reply from Epic’s marketplace team, so the plugin still isn"t updated dor 4.12. If you’re building for that the plugin won’t compile. It’s a single-line fix though so I’ll post it as soon as I get home.

Sorry for the wait everyone, I am waiting on Epic to tell me if anything can be done about Gumroad and to give me green light for updating the plugin. I will post as soon as I get a reply.

Wrote you an email. This epic !"§$%&/()= won’t let me download the plugin, since I don’t have a windows version of 4.11 installed. Send you the recipe to prove I have bought the plugin. Maybe you are a very nice guy and can send me the source of the plugin via email? This would help me a lot :). So I could start working on my project.

I spend half a day with this problem. I am not sure how epic manages to maintain any customer.

Heya,

I’ve sent you a zip file containing the source files. Copy them in your project’s Plugin folder and it should compile on 4.11.

Hey guys, I finally heard back from Epic! Everyone who’s bought a key on Gumroad will be getting the marketplace version free of charge! I’ve also submitted the 4.12 version so it should be up shortly. As such I am finally working on the sequencer support and all the other new goodies we talked about. Thanks everyone for their support!

Best support ever. Had a problem to download it via the marketplace, DamirH helped me by sending me the plugin via email. I really recommend this guy for his customer service :).

Any word on how this will be implemented? The marketplace key that is.

I have sent a list of all emails that purchased via Gumroad to Epic. They will simply “unlock” the plugin for the accounts with those email addresses.

great work with the plugin man! and thats awesome about getting it in the launcher!

Hey guys, Epic tells me that they assigned the plugin to everyone who bought it on Gumroad. As such it won’t be updated on Gumroad anymore. Please let me know if you didn’t get it!

Hey folks, just a heads up - the 4.12 fix is finally on the marketplace, grab it while it’s hot!

Is the demo you show available for download anywhere? I’ve purchased the plugin I’m just not the best at reading through written tutorials/documentation I prefer to pull stuff apart, great stuff by the way! :slight_smile:

I’ve sent you a PM.

To everyone else - Apologies for the lack of updates. This plugin is developed alongside my company’s game project and development is currently focused elsewhere. However, dialog interaction is scheduled for the beginning of next month at which point there will be further development. Again I apologize, it’s just been impossible to find time to sit down and code it.

It seems like the topic is dead as well as the plugin - no updates to 4.13 and developer doesn’t answer to emails. And with no source code it’s useless for now due to lack of updates and fixes. Well, that’s a bummer…

A quick update to 4.13 (without any new features or anything like that) would be greatly appreciated.

Since this plugin is pretty much dead in terms of support, would you consider releasing on GitHub so folks like myself could modify and keep current? You should also consider contacting Epic letting them know that you have dropped support so they can remove the product.

teak