Installed 4.4 earlier, now I'm back to 4.3.1

I’m 99% sure that I used 4.4 earlier, today I launched 4.3.1 (only option I had, I triple checked) and couldn’t open my earlier project because it was 4.4… Normally it would be easy just to install again, but atm I only have internet through my mobile phone (it’s really slow) and downloading 1 gig update would take me forever… Is there any way to fix this without downloading again?

Or could it be that I can’t use 4.4 before I update it with 4.4.1 and 4.4.2 hotfixes, can they be 1 gig size?

Hi Blainex,

Yeah, the hot-fixes can sometimes be that large. I’m unsure if any of the troubleshooting steps will help you, but please follow the directions towards the bottom of the page and post your Verbose Logs. They will help us track down the issue.

TJ

Hi Blainex,

We haven’t heard back from you in a few days, so we are marking this post as Resolved for tracking purposes. If you’re still experiencing this issue, try the troubleshooting steps linked above. If the issue persists, please post your Verbose Logs.

Thanks, TJ

Ya thanks, I completely forgot this posting… I ended up with re-downloading it over few days and seems to work now as intented :slight_smile:

I wanted to bring up that I am having this problem right now. When I click Update for my 4.4.1, the text (both in the library window and on the launcher on the nav pane) changes to 4.3.1. It is actively showing as having an update (with a notification icon as well).

The issue persists through these two efforts:

  1. Canceling the update, closing the launcher and trying again has the same issue as above. Closing and relaunching reverts the engine number, but simply cancelling the update does not.
  2. Removing the engine through the “Uninstall” button (the “X” in the upper left corner of the Engine item in the Library window) removes 4.4.1 from the list and only allows me to new install 4.3.1 and earlier. Closing and reopening the launcher again shows no actual change. The Engine was not uninstalled and it launches fine. Same issues from #1 occur.

I don’t have anything important, so I will try a full uninstall of everything (including the launcher) as OP did to solve the issue. My guess is there is some bad version referencing going on somewhere in the backend that the launcher accesses.

Hey Mais-

Hopefully the uninstall will fix the issue for you. If you are still having problems after trying a full uninstall please start a new post to make it easier to track your issue and help you directly.

Cheers

Doug Wilson