Inside Unreal: Movie Render Queue Enhancements in 4.26

That was how I got the most reliable results, yeah. I was trying to avoid having gigs of image frames laying around, but it doesn’t seem videos work very well. I initially tried with TGA’s I believe it was, and it kept locking up and crashing UE4. But I found success using PNG’s. Thanks!

Thank you very much sequencermatt. When using the library function from the plugins sample within the begin play in the level blueprint it works now. But if I trigger it from a umg ui button my player pawn(im using the vehicle template) disappears. Any idea why?

Yes, it is because the media player process runs independently from the editor, and runs at the frame rate/speed of the original clip. Because the editor renders frames slowly, you would need to use a flipbook/image sequence instead of a movie clip. I can’t remember but if you look in settings when you setup your player, you’ll see an option to use frames(jpgs/pngs can’t remember) from a chosen folder, instead of a clip. Take your clip and export the frames as jpgs/pngs to a folder and use that.That should do the trick. for best results make sure that your original clip uses the same frame rate than your final movie rendered from the editor.

The default override GameMode will hide the player pawn. You probably need to add the MoviePipelineGameOverrides setting to the job’s configuration, and then set the GameMode override to None, or to the default GameMode(Base?) that the map normally uses.

Thank you once again. I have encountered a new problem unfortunately. In my Game im hiding some objects from the players cameras with setting “owner no see” and the owner to the pawn. Those objects I render to a texture placed elsewhere in my game. Unfortunately the render pipeline seems to brake the expected behavior, since from the moment I execute the render job(a umg button press) the objects flagged with owner no see are suddenly visible in my main camera. Any idea? is the owner changing when executing a render pipeline, can I set ist back?

BTW is there a way to no reload the Level for starting the rendering, I would like to render whatever the player has changed before the rendering starts, so with all the changes the player/ the Ai/ the world might have made and his exact position and rotation at this point in time.

in epic games launcher

It looks like this is a bug - MRQ is not changing the owner of the objects, but is forgetting to tell the renderer who to consider the ‘owner’ of that view.

If you are building from source you can fix it here:
FSceneView* UMoviePipelineImagePassBase::GetSceneViewForSampleState(FSceneViewFamily* ViewFamily, FMoviePipelineRenderPassMetrics& InOutSampleState)

That function calculates the FSceneView.

The way the local player viewport specifies the ViewActor (which is considered the owner of the FSceneView) is this code:
ViewInitOptions.ViewActor = PlayerController->GetViewTarget();

The PlayerController is available in that GetSceneViewForSampleState function already, though you will need to rearrange code a bit to have access to it when initializing the FSceneView.

If you look at the Runtime Blueprint example (Slide 51) the “use current level” checkbox needs to be set to true so that it does not reload the level. If this flag isn’t set when Execute is called then it will kick off a level reload immediately.

Watching!!!

My unreal engine 4 gets buffer installing at 82% can i get any solution from u

Hello team, I have two PCs with rtx 2070 cards, I try to use them simultaneously, one to render and the other to work. The Remote render section says “The Render Remote option also allows you to implement a remote render farm while still preserving in-editor renders for quick previews while you adjust settings”. I feel lost, could you help me implement this configuration?
The project is cinematic quality with ray tracing in real time. And the PCs are connected by network cable
Thank

hello team, I have a question about how to customize burn in via python
this is my python code

burnIn = config.find_or_add_setting_by_class(ue.MoviePipelineBurnInSetting)
burnIn.burn_in_class = ue.SoftClassPath('/Game/Test_imp/M_DefaultBurnIn.M_DefaultBurnIn_C')

This is just a specified widget. I want to use Python set this widget
I want to specify some other information in burninwidget through python ,just custom information
looking forward your replay

Can we please get the Helipad rooftop environment!? :slight_smile:

Is is possible to have the nuke script also ?
I can’t get anything from the MotionVector pass.
Thanks!