Inside Unreal: Adding Mod Support with the Simple UGC Plugin

The first post provides a link to the GitHub repository. This is a sample, not an engine plugin.

Is it intended that packaging a UGC seems to include all dependencies from the main game? I have a UGC with ~300MB content which creates a 1,7GB zip file. Doesn’t make sense to me. Can anyone help?

Edit: Turning off pak files seemingly fixed this. But now all my assets are exposed …

From what i understand when i was looking at it, you need a source build of UE and this plugin, because it modifies editor and certain tools, that the launcher version does not have, you can’t download the plugin, its like an overhaul. Like you either need to compile or download the special version of 4.27 chaos. The mod author i think will need to have a source build also so they can create mods, then take the pak file and install it on your game. So you have to make your project mod supported, then the modder will also have to have this special build of UE. Sorry if your question has been answered. I was trying to see if anyone tried it on UE5.

https://github.com/EpicGames/UGCExample/blob/release/Documentation/QuickStart.md

You either have not placed the Scripts folder under Build folder, or has not setup the Automation Tool correctly

Has anyone successfully packaged and created a separate mod editor like for ARC/RoboRecall? I have been having issues.