Illustrious: The illustration style toolkit

Woops I ended up doing it right away

Now you can have up to 3 separate custom stencil outline passes each with their own colour, thickness, opacity, noise patterns etc. (just watch overusing it since it needs to do a full pass each time and might get pricey). It’s in the 1.1 build!

Oh right so in my haste to release version 1.1 that I forgot to mention that version 1.0 is out! New features too! Check out the video!

How is this in VR?

Don’t have a headset to test with I’m afraid. (If anyone who does could report back I’d much appreciate it!) I can’t think of anything about it that would fundamentally not work in a stereoscopic view, though some of the faux-2d looking bits might seem more surreal (possibly to positive effect).

Hey y’all, popping back in to say Version 1.2.0 is out (click for changelog) AND that illustrious got approved for the Unreal Marketplace so expect to see it there shortly!

Couple big updates! First of all illustrious now has proper documentation. You can find the live version here, and future updates will contain the latest static copy.

Also, illustrious (and all my other current products) are in this fantastic, ridiculously cheap charity bundle with 100% of the proceeds going to the ACLU ( American Civil Liberties Union) and Planned Parenthood. It’s only up for a few more days so please have a look right away!

illustrious is now available on the Unreal Marketplace!

Also I’ve started a new thread for it in the released projects section: illustrious - Illustration inspired VFX - Released Projects - Unreal Engine Forums

If you scroll really fast, its like SF is just blogging about an awesome acid trip XD