IK Feet Placement Setup & new blog

Yeah, for now i am using assets from infinity blade for some testing. The bear Enemy animations and skeletal mesh. You have to set up an animation blueprint though.

&stc=1

Guys for me it works very well on landscapes. Obviously it will not work good on materials with height maps.

Different characters models/animation requires some tweaking. This is the best free/simple/clean/well documented solution (i think).
This is a good starter point if you are using the ue4 default skeleton. Otherwise, implementing this feature, could be more simplest or harder

Link busted but I am VERY interested in this. Would you mind updating link?

unrealdevelop.org is currently unable to handle this request.
HTTP ERROR 500

After more testing it seems to be related to my skeletal mesh, when crouching the character hangs in the air. Did you tested crouching? And ofc, great starting point no question about that. Another approach i thought about is to use custom collision channels for the trace, maybe better for my heightmap.

Cached version
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:tA0XOc-JJPwJ:unrealdevelop.org/2016/11/15/ik-feet-placement-setup/+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

If you crouch then the capsule half height would change. There is a value in the character movement component regarding this. The blueprints of this IK tutorial takes the max half hight already at start and never updates this value afterwards (but updates the capsule size itself). This would push your pelvis and feet in the air as it still thinks the max half height size is the same that was set on start and would insta overwrite the decreased capsule half height size from the “Crouch()” function at the next tick (because it always updates the capsule size if it updates IK).

im using 4.13, and getting this foot floating and the other sinking in, any idea where I would go and fix it?

Very nice. Thank you