If Variable, Stop?

I found that it was connecting an EventTick just makes it so when setting Day or Night some part of the construction will occur as many times as tick occurs. There was a way to get both working but not both in the same construction.

I eventually found a construction that worked.

I tried all sorts of combinations but it wasn’t until I set both casts of the gameInstance BP that held the boolean and S value for yaw to the same branch, set each cast to something different (EventTick & EventBeginPlay), and added a node to stop the set Nighttime from flickering due to how EventTick was coded into the sequence of nodes (it would affect both if I didn’t set it up without the Do Once, which I messed up the boolean for → start closed is not the same as a branch boolean, lol).

Thank you for your help, definitely got me to learn some new nodes such as switch which is very useful and this all got me to a better sequence of nodes involving just one branch. I never like putting one sequence of nodes to both EventTick and EventBeginPlay, just kinda messy, but thanks!

Have you debugged it? To see if any of the variables are changing when they shouldnt be?

I still don’t understand why you are casting from eventbeginplay and then eventick, since anything you cast from eventtick is going to immediately overwrite eventbeginplay, because its constantly fired where beginplay is 1 time and its the first thing fired. I don’t feel like you need eventbeginplay unless you are using it to declare a variable at the start of the game?

I set these up hopefully to help simply your equation, If I understand what your trying to accomplish. Its hard when you cant see the full picture of what your trying to do but hopefully they will at least be of some additional help to you. Obviously you will want to substitute my mesh components for your own. I still felt like Set was what you want to use but incase it isn’t I included the Add.

This one uses set rotation
-2 photo -2_zpsbn6mb2rv.png

This one uses add rotation
-3 photo -3_zpsvwiegyyg.png