I can't find Random function on blueprint

Thanks for the answer, I’m gonna try in a few days ^^ I’m still missing something about generating random worlds. I think I will have to work with UV’s or something at some point…
I got a mesh with triangle faces.
I got a collection of triangle faces on my computer that I made (street, mountain which is at least connected with 6 triangles, grass, water).
I would like to generate a noisy displace mesh at first just to understand how it works. And I thought it was a good idea to randomize the noise vector in order to change the shape each time…
After that, generate a noisy displace mesh with mountain on top/bottom (already get a tip for this so it’s ok, but just the location, not how to assign mountain faces on those same top/bottom location) and some negative extrude for the water (and save those locations in order to assign water of course). For the rest, juste put grass for now. I’m gonna think about street connexion between buildings later.
I hope you got me now ^^

1 Like

About random it’s ok. I’m just gonna ask the player to put a seed himself in game and pick it to change the noise value directly. Same in Valheim if I’m right. That way, the player will be able to play in the same level if the seed suits him

That is not a blueprint and is unrelated to it. And your in the wrong section. Try noise/vectornoise.

1 Like

I don’t know how to move section, I’m gonna try. Thanks for the tip with vector noise :slight_smile:

Don’t worry, you’re in a material. You can’t switch to blueprint, it’s a material.

1 Like

Yeah I got it :stuck_out_tongue: thanks :smiley: