I am a little stuck on some stuff. (Beginner)

Sorry, but I dont understand your question :slight_smile:

You can just download one of those meshes, textures,… and then you just have to either directly import them into the UE4 or you will edit it in a 3d program. You don’t need a subscription to download those stuff.

mesh= object
texture= picture

UDK= not UE4

Why does UDK not = UE4
UDK stands for Unreal Development Kit while UE4 stands for Unreal Engine 4. Same thing, they are both used to making games. Why not just call one UDK 3 or UDK 4?

So, I can download & upload all this stuff on to my UE4 even without a subscription?

When you say UDK it will be a little bit confusing to some users because:

UDK -> free version of the Unreal Engine 3 (no source code,…)

and

UE4 -> full version of the UE4

You are right that both are for making games, but they are completely different game engines :wink:

Yep, but I would recommend you to just use them in private projects, so not a commercial one, because otherwise you will have to check if those assets are copyright free

As in, I have to make sure that I download meshes & textures that are free to use if I sell my game?

Well for now, I can’t download UE4 because I can’t buy it right now, I just want to catch up on UDK3 right now. How do I download it? I don’t see it on the list, So I’m guessing it is one of the downloads from February 2012 to 2014. Which one do I download as the last version that came out for UDK3?

The February 2014 is the latest version of UDK

i cant download it, keeps saying its corrupt, redownloading doesn’t work.

“The UDK package is corrupt, please redownload (Exception when opening zip).”

Have you already tried to download it with another browser?

No, I shall do that now, I am using Google Chrome, Let me go to internet browser

If this doesn’t work, what do I do?

-Download a older version
-download it from another pc
-search on google for more solutions :wink:

What it does to me EVERYTIME is: “The UDK package is corrupt, please redownload (Exception when opening zip).” HOW DO I FIX THIS?! IT IS KILLING ME!

I think I want to just buy a new laptop of desktop. Could you guys help me with that?
Only PC.
Would this be good for programming & game desgning, UE4, Etc?
://www.amazon/Lenovo-G505s-15-6-Inch-Laptop-Black/dp/B00CRXZUD0

Or maybe a desktop would be better?
I don’t know, Whatever is best. I guess I would want a Desktop since I hear those work better, Right? How about a really good desktop, stuff under 400 bucks…

It’s in the license agreement.

I use a laptop and it works fine, this is what I have:

But you’d need a pretty powerful laptop.

Ya, thingimibob is right, I am gonna make a new topic to get a little better help.