How to use Get Input Motion State to "Look around"

It feels pretty smooth. I use my “smootharray” function to take 10 values and smooth them. So there is no “fast” movement which leads to illness.

Well that’s a whole other problem! Mobile HDR works fine for Android devices, at least any time I’ve worked with them

If i enable it i get nothing rendered. (one side is complete black)

Yes, it works fine for single rendered applications.

Interesting, so what are you working on that isn’t single rendered? Mind explaining what that means?

I mean splitscreen rendering isn’t working on android.

edit: i mean with mobile hdr enabled

Thanks for posting this! Everything seems to work for me, except that the 2nd player is spawned at -179 degrees rotation from the 1st player, and the 10 unit offset (for the left eye/2nd player) doesn’t seem to be executing. I’m probably overlooking something, but I can’t find any reference to the rotational offset anywhere…any ideas?

Maybe you miss the Basic-VR-Setup blueprint. It is executed on start. “Event begin play” .Look first screenshot and basic-vr-setup.png. It rotates the new spawned player.
Also make sure that the both players don’t collide each other.

Oh okay. Is this a local multiplayer game or something?

No and Yes :slight_smile:
It’s a solution to “simulate” stereo rendering on android device, because at the moment there is no such think around. (like cardboard plugin for unity)

Oh that’s cool :slight_smile:

I think I was missing a connection somewhere. But now, when I package it and play it on my android phone (HTC One, running Android 4.4.3), I don’t get any movement by tilting. Looking for a missed connection somewhere, but wondering: Do you know how to mimic tilt in the UE4 editor viewport during playback? Is it even possible?

I think you can’t test it in the editor. You can only move with WASD. I use this to test if there is no collision. I dont know if you missed a connection but you should first try if you get input data from sensors of your phone.

Use something like this (screenshot). Connect it with GetInputMotionState.
If you get data the problem is somewhere else,if not then there is maybe a android configuration problem. But first try to debug.

Hello, could you PLEASE upload your blueprint or project file here? I tried everything but it isnt working for me… i will be really thankful

Man, I made step by step and something funny happened:
when I used with first person example, the second player spawn was 180 degrees turned to first player.
Then I decided to make it from a blank project, and everything is okay…but everything run to the left (in fact is just to 1 direction, if I rotate the game spawn point 90 degree, will run to back or forward) till fall or some wall holding… same on mobile. really weird :confused:

It doesn’t work anymore.
I will work on it and will post an update if i find a solution.

Hey guys. I uploaded my project apk.
I tested it on my s6 edge and it runs pretty well. Can someone please test it too ?
I will upload all the stuff needed if someone confirms that this runs well on other mobilphones too.
download

Hey. I looked through all code and found a big mistake i made.
There is a mistake in the “smootharray” function.
You need to cut the connection between “set tempfloat” and “return node”.
Then you need to connect the “for-each-loop” - completed node to the return node.Look at this screenshot.

Further i put my project apk in this thread. Feel free to test it.

Does my apk work for you ?

Can you post solution? I am trying to create it on my own but it isnt working really well… I only have working camera movement for moving phone up/down. Left and right is the problem, I dont know from where to read data about left/right phone movement… Apk you posted requires lots of permission, so not really sure should I install it :S