How to use/create 3d imposter sprites? (4.3)

That demo imposter video was not terribly high quality or frame rate to begin with, and it being re-captured via the stream probably further obscured any motion artifacts. There is some popping.

I created a higher quality video showing the frame transitions but the answerhub would not let me attach it. What I did in my test was add red emissive numbers to some of the frames so I could tell if all the frames were being used and none were being skipped. It was working correctly. I will try to get the video up somehow.

zipped video link
Here is the example movie that has numbers printed on one of the rows to debug, showing no frames are being skipped. Therefore, the popping seen here is as good as it gets without more frames:

Hi again Ryan, I psoted some questions and ideas on the forum a few weeks back but not sure if you caught a look:

The following Paper and example video shows something very close to what your already working on, Take a look and let me know what you think about it. The paper has some very handy stuff in there.

Terrain Tools Feedback & Suggested improvements.

[video=youtube;4Ghulpp6CPw]Proland - Real-time planet rendering VIII: forests (video of Eurographics 2012 paper) - YouTube

Suggested reading for Devs:
http://hal.inria.fr/docs/00/65/01/20/PDF/article.pdf

Bruneton & Neyret’s EG’12 scalable, high-quality tree imposter method for forest rendering.

Hey, I know this is old but the documentation has been out for a while now, I forgot to post it here.

Doc Link

Is old but useful thank you!,but right now im dealing with the very same problems of bad lighting in my imposters (using 4.8) i already double check everything and still having broken lighting (objects look black from one angle and completely white from another) , is there any change in 4.8 to be aware of? than you!

EDIT: ha, just found out my what my problem was… i didn´t notice the “-” symbol in the 0.5 value for remapping for the normal map texture… my bad :stuck_out_tongue:

Hey, the [/URL] got included as part of the link. Could you post it without that glitch? Thanks, 2Stooges.

has the console command changed? because “rendertextures” doesn’t work for me…