How to temporarily change player camera to "external BP" camera?

Guys I can’t seem to find or add “Set View Target With blend” where is it? I’m using latest 4.1.1 build

blindman457 & Jester The only way to get the “set view target” node is by dragging a line from a “get player controller”

Or you can find it from the Palette inside the Blueprint editor.

Thanks! worked for me as well. I will add this info as a response to my question down below. :slight_smile:

You can just store your BP camera view target at Event Begin Play, then feed that back into Set View Target when you’re ready to switch back to it. Should work for any BP camera system.

Hello, what type is the variable current camera?

Flotinette, you can drag out of New View Target and pomote it to a variable, then u will know the answer. It is probably an Object Type of variable.

Thank you for this.

Matinee Directer track set camera did not working

@zbuffer14 - thanks for posting, this solved a problem that was causing me some frustration, namely that following a tutorial i’d seen elsewhere, when i set the static camera in my third person project, then when i ‘unset’ it, I was getting a camera which seemed to be attached to the character’s chest (like a first person camera, but too low). All sorted now by storing & resetting the player’s original camera, cheers :slight_smile:

I solved the issue with the camera spawning inside the player mesh by using the camera attached to the player mesh as the new view target. It isn’t the most sophisticated solution but it works for me.

Hey can you reupload image of solving that problem? I still have problem with that and I have no clue how to deal with it in fine way.

Thank you to everyone in this discussion. You were able to help me fix my problems with camera adjustments :slight_smile:

All of these have PlayerControllers. But what if an AIController is possessing the pawn?

get view target returns null

I had the problem when setting back to the default camera the camera somehow sweeped a bit into the ground and i couldnt set the position again… (UE5, First Person Template)
SOLUTION: pluck a “get reference to self” into the “new view target”