How to know if devices is connected to network?

I know this is an old thread, but I thought I’d chime in with a solution in case others come here as I hadn’t found a method as clean as what I have established in my project.

There is a free plugin call VaRest, i came across this plugin while trying to access and pull JSON API data from the net, for my purpose i wanted to get real world time to store on game exit, then compare to the time when app reopened.
In the attached image you can see how I implemented the network check.
I take the VaRest subsystem, construct a JSON object then use the “Call URL” function, from here i have the URL that gives the JSON data from the worldclockapi.
Then from the call back I have the event which contains the request variable that holds the data received from the URL, from there you can “Get Status”, then switch on the enum giving you outs for different results from the request. The key one here is obviously “Succeeded” being the device is online and made connection to the URL and “Failed” or “Failed Connection Error” meaning the URL connection failed.
I believe “Failed” can occur if simply the URL is wrong or currently unavailable so connection error type would be a safer bet if simply attempting to get internet connection status.

I have yet to actively try this on a mobile device, but it works on PC and because of the functionality I can’t see why it would not work on mobile devices.

Hope this helps someone else looking for a solution!