How to encrypt .PAK or package file?

Hi, It’s been a few months and I’d like to know about the status of the issue UE-27348.

Thanks

UE-27348 is on our to do list, and assigned to a developer currently. However, since it’s a priority 3, those priority 2, 1 and 0 are taken care of first.

Thanks!

Any news on the issue?

Hi ,

says that AES_KEY is in AES.h. I added this line to Build.cs file of my project, is this true?
Definitions.Add(“AES_KEY=[SuperSecureKey]”);

After I set encryption key correctly, how can I encrypt pak file for Android and iOS? Should I manually extract pak from OBB, encrypt pak file then replace with the old one inside the OBB file, via 7zip?

You should be able to encrypt Android and iOS files the same exact way as you would any other packaged file from the engine. [Here][1] is an AnswerHub post where I believe your questions may be answered.

Good luck!

Protect .pak file from Unpack - Platform & Builds - Epic Developer Community Forums

Good afternoon, they fixed the UE-27348? Thank-you!

This issue is actively being addressed, but since it is a non-trivial problem we are not able to provide an estimate on when the work may be completed.

When the feature is available, we’ll be sure to update this thread.

Ok let us know please :smiley: we need to protect our work.

Is there any update on this? Would be great if we could track its progress.

Hey -

Unfortunately the report for this issue contains private information and cannot be made public. However the issues appears to have been fixed for 4.16. Please test your project in the latest version and let us know if you are still having this problem and we will investigate further.

There needs to be an option to encrypt single ueasset files, not just Paks. If you have a huge game, using the Unreal patch mechanism is not an option. You need to deliver single asset files otherwise the patch delivery grows larger and larger since UE patching is accumulative.

Please Epic make this a priority! We need a simple way to encrypt all asset files during the pak process !