How to do Voice Chat on android?

@ZkarmaKun Tried to look for xml files, found android mainfist , but couldn’t find the game activities , still not sure how to start to edit this and apply the fix . and I dont think this bug they will fix soon since its reproduced on 4.21 already as confirmed which is not released yet .

I’ve notice something , if I didnt add run time permission , and instead just added through project setting , the same error happen again for fresh install .

This link to situation where I’ve to re disable the voice permission to force the run time permission to show again at the start of the app .

I think its permission issue , not inside the core of the IVoiceCapture interface.

Anyone got a fast fix? , why no unreal developer reply to this thread?:smiley:

Up, any updates ?

I will keep voting up for this to be solved :smiley:

Hello,

You can use this plugin for voice chat, it works Cross-platform on Windows, Android, iOS.

You can do global, team and proximity voice chat.
It is optimized with the usage of opus codec,
and you can choose microphone sampling rate and number of channels, you can also get the raw Pcm data of microphone input.

I actually tried this a few years back, with the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP), which is a signaling communications protocol, widely used for controlling multimedia communication sessions such as voice and video calls over Internet Protocol (IP) networks. It was just a test for me and I did it on my Android device. Android provides the android.net.sip package which gives access to Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) functionality, such as making and answering VOIP calls using SIP. There are several Enterprise Application Development Services out there who can help you implement voice chat on android applications. I tried this because one of the apps did not have voice chat just regular chat and back then I think it worked just fine. Cheers.