How to change mobility setting for new static mesh components?

Hi, I’m very interested in modular stuff. But with no luck couldn’t find out anything other then the Unreal procedural loop. I tried using the enum with that method but it changes all the static mesh instead of one. I read everything I can find and you are my only hope here. Haha. I was hoping you can give me a lead on how to do the switch with enum. Also did you make a tutorial? If so I can just read from there and also your system looks really amazing! Very well done.

OMG thank you! I was doing the exact same thing. I was trying to figure out how to set the properties for my spline mesh AFTER it’s added rather than looking at the “Add Spline Mesh Component” node itself.
Like you said, it totally makes sense now that I think of it and I feel stupid for not noticing it before :stuck_out_tongue:

Late to the party here. I had a similar wish to set a static mesh component mobility in a blueprint construction script, which I could not find native support for in the engine. I created my own method in c++ and made it blueprint callable which seems to work. The code I used is below

//header
UFUNCTION(BlueprintCallable)
void SetMeshMobility(UStaticMeshComponent * MeshToSet, EComponentMobility::Type MobilityType);

//cpp body
void ACubeTile::SetMeshMobility(UStaticMeshComponent * MeshToSet, EComponentMobility::Type MobilityType)
{
if (MeshToSet != nullptr)
{
MeshToSet->SetMobility(MobilityType);
}
}

1 Like

You can use “set mobility” Node.