How many cores does UE4 support?

Yes shader compiling is quick as well, I have dual Xeon E5-2650 v2 on an ASUS Workstation MB with 196 Gb ECC ram (I need this much memory for rendering landscape builds in WorldMachine) and it is quick to do the lighting, but there are still some tasks that will only use 1 core at a time (for instance changing performance settings while simulating gameplay)

I’ve seen that discussed elsewhere, but I see no proof OF It, can you CITE ?

newegg shows it as ‘8’ cores not 4 as 8,you’re thinking of intel I think which often does that…the new ryzen’s, some, do that threading thing but not this 8350.

You can pick up an 8 core 16 thread ryzen 7 for under 200 bux Id go this route if your not big on gaming, although they can game just fine plenty to hit 60fps in nearly every game if its combo’d with a stout gpu 1070 or higher. I personally have been using a ryzen 7 1700x since they launched… upgraded from the i5 6600k oc’ed and gaming was similar results some multi threaded games the ryzen edges ahead. However for a workstation it not competition the ryzen destroyed the skylake. Im waiting for the zen 2 atm now before upgrading.

Exactly right, its 8 not 4, bc its one of the most powerful from AMD, albeit now its a bit OLD- am3 not 4, pceI2 NOT 3 ( albeit you may never see the diff depending what you do!)–gamers may see it most if they even notice, or so I ‘hear’.

I’d LOVE to buy this, would certainly go a HUGE way in my rebulid budget, but I"m afraid by now, its just too old given charts I’ve seen comparing the fx-8350 compared to my i5-3570. The 3570 itself is indeed showing its age, depending what you are doing with it.

Max for the i5 is 32gb of ram which isn’t ideal at all given 32 if you’re doing worldcomp huge worlds , etc.

Ive seen some compare what I have as blowing away 8350 but thats ridiculouis, depending on what you’re doing to do.

Yes 8350 takes much more power, but its ‘cores’ wipe my 3570 off the map, so I may.

I’m just worried about losing my pciE 3 bus- anyone know where I"d see that LOSS ??