How do I set the font size of the UMG ComboBox (String)?

Is this still being worked on? It is quite important to my project. Thanks!

Hello DatapawWolf,

I have recently bumped the community interest in the report for this issue to provide it with more visibility and to reflect the growing interest of the community. Until such time as an official solution can be implemented I would suggest the workaround provided above, as it works well for most situations. I hope that this information helps.

Make it a great day

I’ll add another voice of interest in this being a higher priority. The workaround is acceptable, but not ideal. Thanks!

Yes, I just came across this as well. Any form of GUI that includes a combobox will need this feature. Right now the only widget that looks like it was created by a bunch of ants walking across my screen is the combobox.

I would vote for this to be fixed ASAP since it really ruins the looks of any screen mask

Hello ,

This issue has not been updated to resolved as of yet. However, I will be sure to bump up the community interest for this issue. Thank you for your time and information.

Make it a great day

Plz can you fix this :slight_smile:

Hello Raikoh,

Thank you for your interest in this feature. I will be sure to bump the community interest for this report. In the mean time please take a look at the workaround above, many users have met with success using the method mentioned. I hope this information helps.

Make it a great day

Hello ,

I understand that the Engine has quite a lot of moving parts, but I’d like to re-bump the community interest in this issue. The workaround is great, but a more simple solution would save newcomers some internet searching time.

Thanks!

Hello AlpacaWare,

Thank you for your interest in this issue I will be sure to reflect that interest in the report and bump it accordingly.

Make it a great day

Hey Epic Staff… it’s been quite a long time, this seems to be a simple thing. Instead of the hundreds of other new features can you guys get on stuff like this? You know, finish the features that already exist before moving on?

Hello arbopa,

Thank you for your interest in this issue, I will be sure to bump up the community interest on my report. Please check out the workaround posted below, many users have met with success using this method. I hope this information helps.

Make it a great day

Has this been implemented yet?

Hello invisiblebattles,

Thank you for your interest in this feature. I will be sure to bump the community interest for this report. In the mean time please take a look at the workaround, many users have met with success using the method mentioned. I hope this information helps.

Make it a great day

I am also running into this issue. Being able to provide a font would be great.

We experience the same problem. So we went for the workaround (using custom widgets for the selection options), as described above in this thread. However, it turned out this workaround doesn’t work when the combo box is added to a widget which in turn is added as child to another widget. I have opened a bug report here. Any feedback would be very much appreciated.

Hello haimat,

I have responded to you on the other thread. Please post any further updates to that thread.

Let the engine handle your scaling. It’s simple and quite effective

1. Create a Horizontal Box onto either the canvas or the root if you deleted the canvas.
  2. If you want to give your Combo Box a label, place text inside the Horizontal Box, otherwise proceed to step 4
  3. Place a “spacer” inside the Horizontal Box
  4. Place a “scale box” inside the Horizontal Box
  5. Place a Combo Box(string) inside the scale box

Adjusting the scaling for the combo:

• Click on the “scale box” you added into step 4.
  • On the details tab, you will see the horizontal and vertical alignments as well as size. Choose “Fill” for size and then select your h/v alignment. Best course for larger sizes is to horizontal and vertically fill.
  • Directly below that you will see the “stretching” properties.
  • Set stretching Direction to “both” then Set Stretch to “scale to fit”
  • Set User Specified Scale to something like 2 or 2.5 if you choose to set thestretch to user specified”, otherwise this setting has no impact.
  • Click on your "combobox(string) and set the horiz. & vertical alignments to “fill”.
    Your combo box will now show up in a much larger scaled or rendered size!! I’m taking all these steps from memory and I think I got them all…

NOTE: This scaling trick works ALL the time except when you place your horizontal box with all the other widgets, inside another widget. For example, if you have a border widget and then place your horizontal box as created above inside the border widget, the scaling will not take place because it’s being re-scaled off the border widget which then reduces the overall scaling of h-box and scale box. It’s a little tricky sometimes!

Two examples from a menu system project I’m working on now…

It looks like this “feature” still hasn’t been added, any news on if their planning on adding it? :slight_smile:

Seconded in 4.10. Still in need of this feature.

Hello MugenCity,

I went ahead and double checked on this issue for you. You are correct, this issue’s status has not been updated to fixed as of yet. I will be sure to bump up the community interest for this issue. I would suggest taking a look at the answer give by Ariath as a possible workaround because other users have met with success using that technique.

Make it a great day