How do I open a streaming level by default when I open editor?

I’m working with a large zone that has many sub levels making up whole. I’ve noticed though that every time I start editor it always defaults to persistent level rather than one I was working on. Is there a way to default it to last current level instead?

I already know how to change default start up map. I would like to change default current level from persistent level to one I’ve been working on. If this can’t be done currently, I would like to request that this gets added in future.

Hey awilliams1701,

editor will always start with map you have saved as Editor Startup Map, which you can change under Edit > Project Settings > Maps & Modes. Be aware that this will only load that level, however, and you won’t be able to make any adjustments to Persistent Level or any other sub-levels while in that map.

Hope that helps!

Ah, I think I see. So you’re loading your map and Persistent level is always Current level, and you’d like it to remember which level was Current in Levels pane when you last saved? That’s not currently possible, but I can enter a feature request for you if that’s what you mean.

That’s it exactly. I can’t tell you how many times I put stuff in persistent level by mistake.

Okay great, I entered a feature request in our system for developers to consider. Thanks for feedback!

Is this feature implemented in 4.8? I find this feature would help save some time when you have many sub levels and always have a need to restart editor

Not yet. I’ve bumped up community interest in request (UE-1051), and I’ll post here if it ever gets implemented.

I’d like to add my voice to community interest for this feature (assuming it hasn’t been implemented yet).