How do I make a countdown?

It worked for me

Although I had to fix it up for 4.6

Thank you. Thank you very much it worked perfectly for me too. Does anyone know how to add additional time to current time by picking a power up? I think it’s about the float types and values but my math is terrible and I couldn’t make it work. Also I couldn’t understand if I have to make it through another BP or level BP with trigger etc.

anything?

Hows ?

https://.com/watch?v=bmaiO9UZzb8
Also look into using the gamemode BP instead of having a dedicated BP for the level timer

omg YOU ARE A HERO! It worked perfectly. Thanks a million!

Wow thanks

If it was able to work for you, then why will it not work for me? Could having more than one widget be the problem?

Make sure that in the WidgetBP getText function the Get node is getting the 0th TimerBP

zero.JPG

it was at 80 in the original one that you shared

And also don’t forget to update variables, their names and numbers given. When you copy paste AlphaSierra’s blueprint file to your project, some variables are lost, some of their name and type changes. For example Timer became an integer in my project. You have to rename or re-add most of them for BP to work.

I put mine here for reference.

How do I bring those files into my own project? I’ve tried copying and pasting them into the content folder.

Download

Extract

Go to the project Content folder

Replace “Countdown” folder

Open the UE4 project

Place “Timer in level”

???

Profit

https://.com/watch?v=Dh_LEN6_h8o

I followed the steps and the countdown folder appears in the content browser but its empty.

You can right click your assets from the content browser, and choose ‘migrate’. Choose the content folder of your destination project and it will automatically migrate the asset and any referenced assets for you.

What Engine version are you using?

Version 4.5.1

Here is a version for 4.5.1

It worked! Thank you.

I was wondering, how do I make the game over widget show when the timer reaches zero?

Have the game over widget execute from line

Is there a handy way to get a text block into a material?