How do I get a sliders value.

hmmm well thats an issue. the level bp is notoriously difficult to get a reference to in blueprints. what is the context of this widget going to be? like will it be something that will always be present during play? im assume so given the way you create it. if thats the case then you may want to create the widget elsewhere where it will be easier to reference, such places could be in the character bp, the game mode, or the hud class.

also note that in the picture you show a get node plugging into the add to viewport node, this get is redundant since your already getting the value from the set node.

alright since you have it in your character bp then its super easy to do the rest. first right cllick the return value pin on the create widget and select promote to variable so we have a reference to the widget. now in your script near where you spawn the projectile get the variable then drag off and search for the get slider. you basically just need everything after the cast node in the picture i posted before.

Yes it will always be there its a game similar to territory war or worms where youd set the power of your shot or throw. alright cool i got it fixed up and moved to my character bp

such as this??

two things:

first where your setting the variable reference for your widget you need to connect the exe pin (the white one) so the node actually gets called. you can connect it either before or after the add to viewport node, personally id go for before then drag off the return pin and plug that into the add to viewport.

second, on the multiply node the second value should be set to whatever you want the max projectile velocity to be. when i made the example i wasnt sure on a value that would be good so i just put in a random number, you will need to experiment and come up with something good.

that should do it. with all this your projectile initial velocity will be determined by the slider. well it will be between 0 and a set max based on the slider.

awesome thanks looks like i got all that fixed but i need to bind the slider to something to make it work im sure. And set a max but i think i got that LOL

cuz once i implement that the slider moves but doesint work but when i bind it to something it doesint move at all not sure why

implement that
doesint work

implement what exactly? what doesnt work? you really need to explain things in a clear manner so we can know what your talking about.

i just took a look and im guessing you may be running into a few issues. one issue is that when the initial speed is set to zero it then uses velocity. to fix this just set the velocity to x1 y0 z0, alternatively you could add in a clamp or minimum value for initial speed. another issue you may run into is that the speed of your projectile may be capped by the max speed option. to fix this you can just set the max speed to the same value as initial speed in the construction script.

I checked and on my projectile the projectile velocity is set to x1 y0 z0 so that looks right attached is some screen shots of my situation here i got the widget hud being placed in the character bp then the spawning of the rocket in my character bp and then my projectile bp where the speed is being set. and then last the widget bp where i find the value of the slider. hopefully im not to annoying here but i apprecate the effort to help me

ok now what is the issue? what symptoms are there? what are you expecting to happen that isnt?

its all well and good to provide the blueprints but if you dont explain the issue how are we to help. be specific and thorough. you may know the exact effect your looking to achieve and it may seem obvious to you but we dont have a clue. we are regularly trying to help people when given not nearly enough information to even make a educated guess at the end goal. so give us a little help here. even if only to help you solve your issue.

pretty much i just want that slider to determain how far the projectile will shoot when its all the way to the right shoots very far when its at the far left it barely goes anywhere. right now with the blueprint i sent yall the screenshot of my slider moves but does not effect the power of the shot

thats exactly what your script should be accomplishing right now so we are that far. now from the experience i had when creating this system for testing one thing i noticed is that the increments in the projectiles velocity can be hard to see so for testing purposes try making your slider very large and use another binding so you can rapidly fire to see the changes. and you may want to try printing the result of the multiply on tick so you can see the speed value. the visual indication will let you know if the script is working or not and if theres further problems that need to be addressed.

the link below shows a little example video of how i setup mine and how it works in game.