How do I combine Lyra & The Matrix City Sample?

Oh, great. I only missed the HLOD modifier class (mesh destruction) in the first screenshot. Thank you for taking the time to review it.
I am packaging it again and let you know how if it went well.
Keep up the good work.

fingers crossed :slight_smile:

1 Like

No, it didn’t work. Perhaps I’m missing a detail here. Do I need to change only the world settings for the level, or manually include all assets in HLOD and assign a layer? For instance, the ground 123510 has no HLOD layer asset selected. And not all assets are checked as included in HLOD as well. Also, do I need to rebuild HLOD? Any advices?

let me check, btw is this issue in project i uploaded or your own project?

Thanks.
I got the lyra base files from your GitHub and dropped the additional files.

do you have discord (my one #kryogenicgames)? might be quicker to fing problem, i have checked same actor, hlod is not assigned but actual mesh is in hlod group

I don’t have my own discord, but I’m in the Lyra and Unreal’s.
Do you have your link?

Great news. With your help, I’ve got a successful packaging with HLOD working as expected:

1. I packaged it for development,
  2. UE editor build 5.4
  3. Project Settings…checked,
  4. World Settings HLOD layer “is spatially loaded” unchecked, HLOD modifier class (mesh destruction), There was no need to modify any HLOD settings from actors in the outliner, only the main level as mentioned before.
  5. Build all Levels and select Delete HLOD,
  6. Restart Project,
  7. Package for Development.
  8. Config and base folders from your google drive. All other folders from clean projects (Lyra and City).
  9. Both city maps added to Primary Assets to scan, alongside FrontEnd_LVL. Not really sure if that makes any difference, though, because other shooter maps are not included.
  10. Playing Small City level from Front End using Elimination experience.

Note: I haven’t tested the packaged game with two machines yet.
Thank you so much for your help.

1 Like

Just as an update for someone interested, the steps above solved the HLOD issue in the packaged game, however, clients crash when joining the match. It’s something to do with the Traffic plugin.

Just update for everybody , combined CitySample and Lyra is causing crash in multiplier when you have Vehicles spawned, parked vehicles are fine, only moving ones causing issue. This looks like to be replication related. If anybody would like to help solving this issue please join Discord

Thanks

READY PLAYER ME INTEGRATION AND EOS