How can I get smooth transitions between sequences in animation montages?

Thanks for the links! The documentation for this is indeed quite good, but I already know that this is possible. I read about it in this very similar thread: Why is my montage not blending?.

However, those blending nodes are based on bool/int/enums i.e. logic/event driven. I wanted to blend in between sections of montages, similar to crossfades in audio sequencers, smooth transitions in DJ sets etc.

I mean under the hood they obviously implemented the functionality for blend nodes, why not for montages? I actually only see 2 options for me:

1. Editing indiviual animations so that they end the same frame as they start. Tedious, but I could concatenate them in montages and use montages for what they are good for (Notifiers, Section selection etc.).
  2. Use the Blend node approach and give up on montages.

Sadly I probably have to go for option 2 even though I’d have to implement blend nodes with each animation for individual ACharacters which is kind of ugly design I’d say. I’d love to just be able to swap out an AnimMontage for each ACharacter instead. :confused:

2 Likes