Help with deploying to iOS (Missing certificate & provision)

Howdy gotgrassct,

Just wanted to check in with you and see if the issue is still present since 4.4 has been released. There has been many fixes with mobile deployment so I just wanted to check in with you.

Thanks!

I havent got a chance to use it my internets been kinda slow, i’ll let u know if it works when i get my hands on it. I’m so excited to use it. Thanks, sean.

i’m getting this error when trying to deploy: IPhonePackager: IPP ERROR: Error while executing command: System.IO.IOException: AFCFileRefOpen failed with error 7

(EDIT sorry this was meant to be a comment and when I try to change it, it stays stuck as an answer)

UE4.4 final I am still having this issue.

I get a Build Succeeded then right at the end this…

LogPlayLevel:Display: env: === BUILD TARGET UE4CmdLineRun OF PROJECT Mobile_IOS WITH CONFIGURATION Development ===
LogPlayLevel:Display: env:
LogPlayLevel:Display: env: Check dependencies
LogPlayLevel:Display: env: Code Sign error: Multiple matching codesigning identities found: Multiple codesigning identities (i.e. certificate and private key pairs) matching iPhone Developer were found.
LogPlayLevel:Display: env: CodeSign error: code signing is required for product type 'Unit Test Bundle' in SDK 'iOS 8.0'
LogPlayLevel:Display: env: === BUILD TARGET UE4Game - iOS OF PROJECT Mobile_IOS WITH CONFIGURATION Development ===
LogPlayLevel:Display: env: Check dependencies
LogPlayLevel:Display: env: 2014-08-18 22:46:42.316 xcodebuild[26357:4234589]  DeveloperPortal: Using pre-existing current store at URL (file:///Users/myuser/Library/Developer/Xcode/DeveloperPortal%206.0.db).
LogPlayLevel:Display: env: Testing failed:
LogPlayLevel:Display: env:    Multiple matching codesigning identities found: Multiple codesigning identities (i.e. certificate and private key pairs) matching iPhone Developer were found.
LogPlayLevel:Display: env:    CodeSign error: code signing is required for product type 'Unit Test Bundle' in SDK 'iOS 8.0'
LogPlayLevel:Display: env: ** TEST FAILED **
LogPlayLevel:Display: env: The following build commands failed:
LogPlayLevel:Display: env:    Check dependencies
LogPlayLevel:Display: env: (1 failure)
LogPlayLevel:Display: InternalUtils.SafeFindFiles: SafeFindFiles /var/folders/w2/82kx2hfx7x53pkbkdcsk2v980000gq/T/+Users+Shared+UnrealEngine+4.4/Logs * False
LogPlayLevel:Display: InternalUtils.FindFiles: FindFiles /var/folders/w2/82kx2hfx7x53pkbkdcsk2v980000gq/T/+Users+Shared+UnrealEngine+4.4/Logs * False
LogPlayLevel:Display: BuildCommand.Execute: ERROR: BUILD FAILED
LogPlayLevel:Display: Program.Main: ERROR: AutomationTool terminated with exception:
LogPlayLevel:Display: Program.Main: ERROR: Exception in AutomationScripts.Automation: Client exited with error code: 65
LogPlayLevel:Display: Stacktrace:   at Project.RunStandaloneClient (System.Collections.Generic.List`1 DeployContextList, System.String ClientLogFile, ERunOptions ClientRunFlags, System.String ClientApp, System.String ClientCmdLine, AutomationTool.ProjectParams Params) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
LogPlayLevel:Display:   at Project.RunInternal (AutomationTool.ProjectParams Params, System.String ServerLogFile, System.String ClientLogFile) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
LogPlayLevel:Display:   at Project.Run (AutomationTool.ProjectParams Params) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
LogPlayLevel:Display: Program.Main: ERROR: Client exited with error code: 65
LogPlayLevel:Display: ProcessManager.KillAll: Trying to kill 0 spawned processes.
LogPlayLevel:Display: Program.Main: AutomationTool exiting with ExitCode=1
LogPlayLevel:Display: Domain_ProcessExit
LogPlayLevel:Display: ProcessManager.KillAll: Trying to kill 0 spawned processes.
LogPlayLevel:Display: RunUAT ERROR: AutomationTool was unable to run successfully.

This is with latest 10.10 and iOS8. I can load up the Xcode project and hit run and it builds and deploys fine with no errors or provisioning problems.

Have you attempted to deploy the packaged game to your iOS device using iTunes?

If you have not, you should be able take the packaged project, drag it into the Apps library of iTunes and then click, drag, and drop it onto the device you wish to deploy to in the iTunes menu. Please let me know if you have tried this method previously.

Thanks!

When i deploy its now saying “IPP ERROR: cannot connect to the file specified” or something like that. After it fails though i can just go into iPhone packager and install the IPA That failed to deploy on my device and it works fine. But when i use the launch button it just works like crap. It doesnt work all the time it only works sometimes. And also, i have a spotlight attached to my player as a flashlight, and it works when i play on PC, but when its on iPhone the spotlight dont work and the lighting is weird and the game looks pretty low resolution. How can i fix that?

Hey gotgrassct,

Sorry to keep you waiting. What are the exact issue you are having currently? It seems like you are able to package and deploy. You are just having trouble with half of the screen working and the flashlight not working correctly? Is this correct? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Howdy Anadin,

Currently we do not support 10.10 or iOS8 due to the fact that they are in experimental beta stages and have not been fully released yet.

Thank you for your report for the build fail!

The screen is fixed, it’s full resolution. I’m just having problems with my flashlight on iOS. I Just want the flashlight to work normally. iOS Only supports Static spotlights, when i make it static my camera don’t move lol The spotlight is attached to the camera. How can i get a spotlight and use it as a flashlight for iOS?

Hey gotgrassct,

At this time, due to device limitations, movable lights can not be used, as you have figured out. When using Static lights, you can not attach it to a character and camera and move around. The light, being static, causes the character to be anchored to the ground.

As for this issue, This link may help you with how you can setup a material that can be used as a light: Moving light sources on mobile? - Mobile - Unreal Engine Forums

Let me know if this solves your issue. Thanks!

Still can’t deploy to iPhone… i only could package it and drop it in iTunes and install it like that.

But i could deploy to android perfectly

Hey gotgrassct,

I reached out to a developer and, from their response, as of this point, Windows to iOS deployment is not fully optimized. We are currently working to fix that issue and will do so over future releases. The iTunes deployment route that you are currently using is the most reliable way to deploy. I am unsure as to when the deployment will be fully functional but with each build we get a bit closer.

Thanks for your patience and have a great day!

Hello Gotgrassct, Have you solved the problem? if yes kindly help me. Thank you!