Hackers stole my game, warning for everyone

Hi Lo4D3D,

sorry to hear that some of your files were somehow corrupted.

But maybe not all it lost! :smiley: UE4 stores backups of the files you edit on a rather regular basis…those can be found within your project directory under the folder Saved\Backup

Hope that helps at least a little bit.

Ruben

[=;184132]

you never know what could happen. virus, hackers, harddrive damage, drunken self, evil twin etc… just make a copy of your work on an external harddrive
[/]

Just a funny thing that once happened.
I wasnt the drunk in this case, but a friend of mine… both being level designers/env artists making community content for littlebigplanet at the time…
Lets just call the drunken friend “”.

comes online, spams with with join invites (something you can do with littlebigplanet and ps3)
So eventually I had enough and joined him to ask what is up.
: “Dude, so dwunk com watch me worrrk”.
Me: Uhm… okay?
then published a level that contained one modeled lady that constantly went “Date me plx, date me plx” and named the level “Play this naow!”
After that showed me a level he had been working on for at least a month and instead of pointing things out to me with the cursor was draging around something simmiliar to placing around bsp (works a bit like drawing lines in photoshop) ruining his level design, breaking walls, floors, ceilings, logic (simplified blueprint so to speak) etc, then said: “Lol, too dwunk im off bed”.
then proceeds to save the level and went offline.

Day later sends me a message asking what happened.
Mind you, littlebigplanet doesnt have autoback or simple recovery tools.
took the man a week to fix all the stuff in his level.

Rule of thumb, if you are too drunk to properly write… you shouldnt try to open an editor.
Though… at that time you probably think its a great idea.

the dingo got ur baby… :rolleyes:
(lol sorry about that, I know this is bad)

who knows, I would start by cleaning up my computer with Microsoft malware software (I run this on a regular basis) after running your own virus software, both for a full computer scan, then I’d search for my files to see if they were moved as well. also ask around & make sure you didn’t **** someone off enough to do this or that some young one got ahold of your computer.

majority of the time, you’ll find it’s something you did or didn’t notice you did, and find out it was nothing. like when you misplace something and blame even the cat.
anyways good luck on this

[=;185231]
Just a funny thing that once happened.
I wasnt the drunk in this case, but a friend of mine… both being level designers/env artists making community content for littlebigplanet at the time…
Lets just call the drunken friend “”.

comes online, spams with with join invites (something you can do with littlebigplanet and ps3)
So eventually I had enough and joined him to ask what is up.
: “Dude, so dwunk com watch me worrrk”.
Me: Uhm… okay?
then published a level that contained one modeled lady that constantly went “Date me plx, date me plx” and named the level “Play this naow!”
After that showed me a level he had been working on for at least a month and instead of pointing things out to me with the cursor was draging around something simmiliar to placing around bsp (works a bit like drawing lines in photoshop) ruining his level design, breaking walls, floors, ceilings, logic (simplified blueprint so to speak) etc, then said: “Lol, too dwunk im off bed”.
then proceeds to save the level and went offline.

Day later sends me a message asking what happened.
Mind you, littlebigplanet doesnt have autoback or simple recovery tools.
took the man a week to fix all the stuff in his level.

Rule of thumb, if you are too drunk to properly write… you shouldnt try to open an editor.
Though… at that time you probably think its a great idea.
[/]

Your friend needs to unlock the secret of the Ballmer peak

Haha, Ive seen the comic before but you actually made it twice as funny for me.
*sends link to *

lol?!? This topic is funny…

Just a tip: Get a bitbucket git repo and push your stuff to it.

[=Brainshack;186666]
Just a tip: Get a bitbucket git repo and push your stuff to it.
[/]

I can say bitbucket is a really good server, it has private repositories for up to 5 people, and gives a lot of stuff. Better than github for private projects in my opinion (github has more “community” stuffs, better for open source projecs)

Not to forget that if you get other people to sign up you can get additional user slots for your repo :slight_smile:
Also, students occasionally get special deals :slight_smile:

a buddy of mine went to a presentation of bitbucket at his uni and got a lifetime premium for free :slight_smile:

[=vblanco;186696]
I can say bitbucket is a really good server, it has private repositories for up to 5 people, and gives a lot of stuff. Better than github for private projects in my opinion (github has more “community” stuffs, better for open source projecs)
[/]

Github is easier and offers more than Bitbucket. What do you mean about “community” stuffs?

[=Errvald;187011]
Github is easier and offers more than Bitbucket. What do you mean about “community” stuffs?
[/]

The whole fork/pull requests part is a bit better than bitbucket, and the loads of public comments in commits or similar. Its also a bit more popular and almost tries to do a programmer social network
But i find bitbucket wiki and issue tracker to be superior than GitHub, so its what i use when i need that.
Ease of use its the same for me, i just use TortoiseGit and dont care about what server im using ( i dont use the visual clients for github or sourcetree)

I just missed the bus… **** hackers, they are everywhere.

On a more serious note, it is extremely unlikely that a hacked did that to you.

If I were a hacker and I wanted to do some damage, moving some project files or deleting a blueprint or two would be retarded, I would just format your HD or something like that. Or I would try to stay in your pc unnoticed to steal some information, or I would install some kind of virus to do stuff later. Seriously, this is not a hacker’s work.

(But if you know someone that hates you, the chances would increase by ~5%).