Google Play Asset Delivery - Crash after splash screen

where is asset pack folder?

You must create the folders yourself since the name specified is the same you will be using to download de pack.

thanks, you should make video tutorial about this whole Google PAD thing.

Hello, I am encountering this same error regarding the Descriptor File. I have been trying to find a solution for almost 4 days now without any success. The only thing that DOES work is if I launch from within the UE Editor on my Android device (no error), however, attempting to package I receive the error every time regardless of ndk or sdk being 29 or 30.

This new Google Play Delivery requirement should 100% be addressed by Epic because the old APK method is going to be obsolete within the next few months. I would like to be able to test my game and release it. I know that they have some information regarding the PAD requirements but it does not provide much detail in terms of project configuration/build requirements and additional settings needed.

Why would this attempting to be accessing the uproject file?!

Every build is Successful, but deployment to my device is not.

Please help Epic! Thank you in advance.

threepm:
I´ve said it before, I did not have a descriptor error so this thread most probably won’t help you. I might be wrong, but I don’t think that the descriptor error is related to Google PAD.
You should first try checking the following link as it provides some solutions:
https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/974736/view.html

2 Likes

Hi everyone!

It’s the bug inside GooglePAD plugin code.
The source of the problem located at the 36 code line in the GooglePadFunctionLibrary.cpp (Initialize method)
static jmethodID IsGooglePADAvailableFunc = FJavaWrapper::FindMethod(Env, FJavaWrapper::GameActivityClassID, "AndroidThunkJava_GooglePAD_Available", "()Z", false);
should be
static jmethodID IsGooglePADAvailableFunc = FJavaWrapper::FindMethod(Env, FJavaWrapper::GameActivityClassID, "AndroidThunkJava_GooglePAD_Available", "()Z", true);

(check the last argument - its ‘true’ instead of ‘false’).

Basically the problem is - if you enable “OnlyForShipping” or “OnlyDistribution” in the GooglePAD settings and you are not packaging your game for the distribution or in the shipping configuration than the activity class for the game won’t receive special GooglePAD methods. but it will still try to find them on the startup and “FJavaWrapper::FindMethod” will raise an assert in that case (the last argument actually enables or disables that assert, also “shipping” package disables it too).

If you don’t want to compile engine from the source, maybe you can try to edit “Google_PAD_APL.xml” file in the plugin folder so it will always insert the java methods, but I have not tested it and I’m not sure that it’s a good idea.

1 Like

Hi araxnid, I have modified the source code and the xml file of the plugin but same descriptor error , Could you share with us your version of the plugin that you have modified thanks

Hi, Sofiane_MERRA!

The descriptor error is different one. It’s probably because you are trying to install generated .apk file from the computer instead of google play?
Every time when you package your game for android with “Enable AAB” option in settings - you get several files: one of them is .aab and the other one is .apk file, which is generated from the .aab file.
And it seem like if you enable “GooglePAD” plugin the generated .apk file won’t install properly on the device.
If you want to install you game from the google play with .aab file - you should package you game with “googlepad” turned on. In other case you should disable it for local builds (I suspect that’s why we have “OnlyForDistribution” and “OnlyForShipping” checks in the settings)

1 Like

Hey araxnid, i I succeeded in making the package with the android pad but I don’t know how to access the downloaded .pak file in fast follow or on demand, if you have an idea to suggest Thanks.

Do you use a specific configuration for this to work? I did build from source and made the modification to the GooglePAD plugin but I am still getting constant crashes when deploying to Google play.

Hey was you never able to resolve this? We also have fast-follow package installed. But it looks like asset location not never be foundable on game.