Goal Oriented Action Planning AI Framework

Glad some people are finding it useful :slight_smile: I haven’t really had a chance to finish it, it’s just a barebones implementation that hasn’t really been tested properly. I’m pretty sure the planning algorithm isn’t 100%.

I need to get all my plugins updated to 4.19 soon and will have a go at clearing all the issues I’ve got open on github. Got a bit distracted by a new plugin I’ve started working on.

So I discovered that the GoaperDemo and my project have the same problem under 4.19.

isMoveCompleted only seems to return true once for the first completed move request. After that it seems to never return true.

In GoaperDemo They get stuck in PickupAmmo, and in mine they get stuck in a MoveToTarget action, which is doing pretty much the same thing as PickupAmmo.

Hope this isn’t a bug in 4.19!

It’ll be a bug in the code somewhere. I don’t have time to actively develop this right now but I’m happy to accept pull requests.

Yea so we are actively working on our AI and Game which uses your plugin, If we make any modifications to the plugin i’ll make sure it finds it’s way back to you!

We managed to work around the movement completed event by doing our own distance check and then stopping the movement request. Cheers!

@mid_gen - Where are the states defined at? I tried searching in the demo project and in the code but couldn’t find it.

Found it: It’s in the project settings under Plugins -> GOAPer.

Yep, in the plugin config.

I haven’t had time to work on this at all for months, it’s a bit of a cringe-tastic state.

I did notice that some code relating to the HTN Planner has made it into the engine now…anyone wanting a more compete planner implementation may want to take a look.

Right now I’m just tinkering on a quest generator. I’m not sure if I plan to use it for actual AI or not.

Alrighty.

For anyone else interested in using a planner, I would look at the HTNPlanner plugin that comes with the engine now. I had a quick look through it and it looks like it’s fully functional. Haven’t had time to try it out though.

I would love to come back and finish this up, but I have other priorities at the moment!

Is there any documentation on how to use HTNPlanner? I enabled it but can’t find its presence anywhere in the editor.

From my quick glance over it, looks like it’s code only at the moment, but it looks like a complete working system is there.

Hi folks!

We have already released a new code plugin in the Unreal Marketplace called GOAP NPC:
https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp…er-characters/

You can find it useful :smiley:
We are asking for testers… and we draw a digital copy of Cyberpunk 2077 between them :smiley:
http://narratech.com/en/goap-npc-pon-to-test-our-tools/