glTF 3d asset format?

+1 for gltf support! :slight_smile:

glTF 2.0 support just shipped with the Unreal Engine 4.19 preview – Enable the new plugin via Edit / Plugins / Importers / glTF. It’s marked “experimental” so try it out and give feedback for the next revision!

This url is my project to import gltf into the UE4 editor. And you can download the free packaged plugin in itch.io.

The support in 4.19, while experimental, is already awesome.

No other format can hold material, textures, and meshes in a single file. While its quite limited, its already much better than FBX, at least for static meshes from Blender.

This is awesome!

EPIC should consider in far future of adding glTF as export format from UE4 Editor so there would be 2 formats when exporting (FBX and glTF)

100% agreed. glTF is superior to FBX for all the uses I can think of or will use myself.

Hey guys im using 4.19.2 UE4 engine version and i encounter issue during my GLTF model import attempts.
Im using sample models from here: GitHub - KhronosGroup/glTF-Sample-Models: glTF Sample Models
When i try to import any file my engine file browser does not “see” gltf files at all.
Am i missing anything?

There’s no GLTF support in UE4.

glTF importer is there. It’s just disabled by default because plugin is in “experimental” folder. Open plugin settings, locate “glTF Importer” plugin, enable it and restart editor, then you’ll be able to import glTF static meshes.

I stand corrected.

I just released a preview version of glTF for UE4.
It supports to import the skeletal mesh and the animation sequence. You can download it from glTF for UE4 by Code 4 Game. And it is free and an open-source project in GitHub - code4game/glTFForUE4: Import glTF 2.0 in Unreal Engine.