Get distance between player and specific trigger

What does that look like as a bp?

Like this, now you will have only the X,Y distance of the vector from the calculation then you can hook that into the “get vector length” node and it won’t add the “Z” axis

Thank you so much for that, but I’ve got another strange issue.

Can you spot what I’m doing wrong here, I’m using the following in my level bp as a simple test to output player position (G press gives value of 315.334) and trigger 1 position (Z press gives value of 117.046), if I subtract both I get 198.288 but when I press X to give me the worked distance calculation I get 267.054???

What am I doing wrong here?

It’s “vector” math, not “regular math”. Vector length is exactly what you think it is, the distance from the origin point (0,0,0) to the vector point in 3D space (0,5,0) would give you a vector length of 5 units. The vector (5,0,0) is also “5 units”. But subtracting vector 1 from vector 2 does not give you “0 units”. It isn’t 5-5 = 0. It is (vector 1) - (vector 2) = (vector 3) which is the vector that points from vector 2 towards vector 1 in 3D space. Which has a length of ~7 if I did my math correctly.

Thanks guys much appreciated

Ah ok I always was bad at maths

i concur with your math lol its just over 7