Get Data Table Row Bug

I am pleased to have helped you.

Hi , this is still an issue in 4.4.1, is there any news on this? I have been having to avoid data tables and their wonderful potential because of this issue.

Hi Grogger,

Unfortunately our development team has not had an opportunity to dig into this issue yet. It has a fairly high priority, but there are still some other issues that are being worked on that are taking precedence.

What i found to work (thanks to Shinjes post) is loading assets at the construction of a level. I have created a custom GameMode, and in its constructor I use ObjectLibrary (like in https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest/INT/Programming/Assets/AsyncLoading/index.html).

The code in constructor look like this:

if (!m_DataTableObjectLibrary)
{
	m_DataTableObjectLibrary = UObjectLibrary::CreateLibrary(UDataTable::StaticClass(), false, false);
	m_DataTableObjectLibrary->AddToRoot();
}
m_DataTableObjectLibrary->LoadAssetDataFromPath("/Game/Data");
m_DataTableObjectLibrary->LoadAssetsFromAssetData();

Setting GameMode to one with this code in constructor resolves my issues.

I’m seeing this in 4.5.
An editor re-load breaks the get data table out row

It’s disappointing to see an important feature like this launch with some fanfare but when you dig into it, it’s really obviously broken in multiple ways … and then it stays broken release after release, without so much as a warning in the docs.

I really can’t say enough how impressed I am with the pace of development that Epic has demonstrated with this engine.

Having said that, I do agree - there are several bugs that have been know for the last 2-3 versions and are still hanging around. I really hope that the next update focuses solely on bugfixes, not because the editor is riddled with bugs, because it really isn’t, but things do add up eventually and I would much rather see solid, working functionality than shiny new features.

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to provide a quick update to this post. A fix for this issue has been added to our latest internal build and I was able to verify that this issue no longer occurs. The fix will be available in a future version of the Engine, but if you would like to test the fix yourselves, you can merge the fix into the source code of your Engine (this is only possible for Engines built from source code).

Wow, really?

The original issue is still not resolved in 4.5…

I can confirm…

I will test this in 4.6 as soon as I finish the upgrade process.

I just ran through my test case for this issue using version 4.6 that was released yesterday, and this issue does not appear to be occurring any longer.