Gen 5 Temporal Anti-Aliasing

Well I’m glad it works on your content, because I’ve not be particularly happy with ScreenPercentage<50 on the content I’ve been testing with. There are some known shader permutation I need to implement when ScreenPercentage<50, but it hasn’t been much of focus, lately mostely because on shading change like blinking light the fundamental low input res can get really rough. So my focus has been more on making it work on next gen consoles, and improve the known quality problem and stability in the ScreenPercentage [50;100]

While I think I have an idea of aliasing artifact you are talking about under motion that is on my list, I’m having trouble to be exactly sure what you mean by Jagged. Could you illustrate with a screen shot?

Not under all conditions though, there is cases where it stills ghost. Watch out objects going out of frame. :rolleyes:

DLSS is temporal upscaler that takes advantage of Nvidia hardware, so it would be replacing TAA. The way we ship it in Fortnite is thanks to 4.26’s ITemporalUpscaler interface that can be overridden.

We never change that on any of the TAA samples or frame weight cvars on out project. We find the default settings are the most content universal settings. As the ghosting and stability improves on Gen5’s, I hope to reach a day no one would ever need to touch this settings at all. A tech that just works.

So when r.TemporalAA.Upsampling=1, it basically forces r.DOF.Recombine.Quality=0 that looses the slight DOF convolution, and that is due to DiaphragmDOF.cpp’s bSupportsSlightOutOfFocus. There needs to have some changes in the handling of the slight out of convolution (about 5pixels and below) when doing temporal upsampling that I didn’t have time to come down to. And we were only using temporal upsampling on current gen consoles. Wasn’t a big deal back then because if your frame would need to be temporally upsampled, that probably meant you didn’t have the performance to run DOF’s slight out of focus… However we exactly ran into this issue for our Lumen in the Land of Nanite demo running on PS5, but it is still prototype and I’m not sure whether I’m gonna have this finished by 4.26’s release. But yeah given how temporal upsampling is going to become important, it’s definitely something to fix very high on the priority list. :slight_smile: