[FREE] Modular Features Extra Actions plugin: Modular GAS, Enhanced Input and more

Hey! : )
I’ll provide a documentation and will upload this plugin to UE Marketplace.

A short example of how to add and bind a Gameplay Ability to a Enhanced Input Action:

Step 1: Setup your binding target, that must be your pawn or controller:
In this example, i’m using a APlayerController class with C++ code:

1. Implement the IAbilityInputBinding interface

2. Implement the functions SetupAbilityInput and RemoveAbilityInputBinding (i didn’t provide a complete function to use, the devs are free to create in they ways):

I’m using a client RPC because i used it inside a multiplayer project.

These 2 functions will be called by the plugin to bind your ability inputs.

Now, that’s how i implemented these functions:

1. Created a struct to handle the input binding ID:

2. Created only 2 functions to manage ability input press and release (which i use after binding):

And that’s my functions:

1. SetupAbilityInput:

2. RemoveAbilityInputBinding

3. OnAbilityInputPressed:

4. OnAbilityInputReleased:

Step 2: Configure your modular feature

1. Create a new modular plugin

2. Add a new action: Add Abilities

3. Set your pawn class on Target Actor Class, i’m using PECharacter

4. Set your input binding owner, it’s the class where you implemented the IAbilityInputBinding interface. In the example i’m using a controller.

5. Set your InputID Enumeration Class. This plugin is currently supporting only blueprint enumerations. That’s my enum:

6. Create your ability mapping:

InputID Value Name correspond to your enumeration Display Name.

A way to bind a Input Action without provide a Gameplay Ability:

1. Add the action Add Enhanced Input Mapping instead Add Abilities:

2. Set your pawn class on Target Pawn Class, i’m using PECharacter

3. Set your input binding owner, it’s the class where you implemented the IAbilityInputBinding interface. In the example i’m using a controller.

4. Add your Action Bindings and enable Setup Ability Input inside Ability Binding Data:

5. Same from Add Abilities: Set your InputID Enumeration Class. This plugin is currently supporting only blueprint enumerations. InputID Value Name correspond to your enumeration Display Name.

In this project i’m using all of this: Codename: Project Elementus (Unnamed Template) - Showcase / Game Development - Unreal Engine Forums

4 Likes