' Free Books, Projects and Tutorials!

Hello,

A big thanks for great work.

I wait for 2 and 3. ^^

@ Studios…Thank you…I was able to download without a problem…Thanks CO

Thanks Fen and CO!

Thank you for your time and effort. You are a stallion :slight_smile:

I’ve just been browsing through it, very well constructed, excellent step-by-step for everything, and recap explanations for important steps, liking it a lot.

Eagerly waiting for parts 2 and 3 :slight_smile: Keep up the good work.

Thanks for the kind words everyone! It’s really crazy to see over 3,000 downloads / views in the past 24 hours! I hope I have inspired others to follow in my footsteps and create free tutorials for others!

Parts #2 and #3 will be coming real soon.

Thank you for taking the time to put together and for releasing it for free to the community! :slight_smile:

Looking forward to books #2 and #3

Hi, first of all thank you for the book! I’m finding it really helpfull to start working with BluePrint!

Sadly I’ve have a problem and I hope you can help me!

At page 105 your Create Dynamic Material Instance node is different from what I have:

Can someone explain me why and how can I solve it?

Don’t drag from the “Construction Script” node, but right click in the Blueprint area and type in “Mesh” and select “Get Mesh”. Then from that, drag and search for “Create Dynamic Material Instance”. :wink:

Thx it worked! Still it not very intuitive that a node can change input like (IMHO :))

Oh but it is, it makes sure that the node you’re using is what you actually need it for and has functions that you need as opposed to functions which won’t do what you want them to do :>

Good job with the tutorial, I was able to follow it without looking at any screenshots. I dont know if anyone else had , but my loading screen was showing me a solid color, so I set Material UWidth to 1 and MaterialVHeight to 1 and now it’s showing me the entire image (for showing a loading screen in the first mini project); it seems like it is just taking the color of the first pixel that it found at 0,0

what else is there to say ? Thank you, thank you, thank you

inspiring gesture, inspiring book.

Thanks to everyone who has downloaded and enjoyed the Ebook!

A number of you have asked if you can donate in anyway, so I’ve set up a Patreon which will help me create even more free e-books, books and as much free content to help everyone develop games as possible!

is the link for those who are interested: Patreon

Thanks again everyone,
Your feedback has been so awesome!
:>

I would like tutorials on creating vehicles with doors that open/close, working lights, and manual transmissions. I hope that the tutorials will be included in the next Ebook.

I’m actually working on focusing on AI & Multiplayer for the next book but I do have a book planned in which I’d love to create a project around your problem. I don’t have an ETA to when the book will be available, just “Watch space”!

A small correction; page 94 you mention that you set one of the variable data types to int, which can hold a value of “0,1,2,1.5,2.25”, I think you mixed up an int with a float.

Ah shoot! I’ll correct it ASAP! Thanks!

No problem, also just to simplify the HUD creation, you could opt to set an enum to RED, BLUE, GREEN so that you dont have to worry about managing a bunch of flags; and you can also take advantage of using a switch statement for the enum value to avoid all the branching conditions.

To the best of my ability I try to avoid boolean flags unless they are absolutely necessary, too many times do I see them depended on for too many things, and then it makes extending code almost impossible.

Good point! That’s the beauty of Blueprints, there’s so many ways to do the same things. I don’t know why I didn’t think of your method before, it would be much cleaner! When I talk about Enums in book #2, I’ll mention your method of Enums as opposed to my one (If that’s alright with you!)