FPS Drop In Viewport When an Editor Window Is Visable

I add one more thing:

If that solution does not work for you OverRated_AU and you’ve disabled the “share” option.

Check if it’s couse of a newer engine version.

I’ve actually made another thread just recently about major drop in 4.17 and 4.18.

(The share option did solve my blueprint issue here, but not the difference between engines).

I don’t know if this will solve your issue either, but be sure to check it out and reproduce what i have done and see if that helps out in any case.

Link: Major FPS drop in 4.18 = bug? - Community & Industry Discussion - Epic Developer Community Forums

Best regards

Like i said i always have this turned off as it gets in my way when working in PS, also it use to break the editor’s UI so i’ve never used it, this problem isn’t related to yours or blueprints as shown in this video - YouTube , the issue is related to the level your working in and its detail, i don’t get the issue in a empty map.

This problem still persists. Big FPS drop with addtional windows open - especially when the blueprint window is open, the more nodes the more the drop FPS drop. Blank blueprint opened as window drops from 120fps to 60 on the RTX 3060TI

• no nvidia experience software
  • the latest drivers
  • gsync turned off
  • newest UE engine
    The error still occurs in 4.26 and 4.25 for sure.

This still happens to me on UE5.0 with an RTX 3080.

No additional windows open: 120fps. 1 Window open: 72fps, 2 windows open: 40ish fps, and lower and lower from there. The sluggishness can easily be felt inside the graph editor as well. It doesn’t matter if you open up a full graph, an empty graph or any other kind of window, like a data asset or sound cue. It doesn’t matter if I set scalability to Low and use 1% render resolution.
Every new window simply cuts the framerate in half.

Update:

I might have found a solution that works for me at least. Going into the NVidia Control Panel and setting both Max Frame Rate and Background Application Max Frame Rate to off seems to have lessened the issue to a large degree. Now additional windows remove about 10fps, instead of halving it.

1 Like