Forward rendering path (Translucency, Transparency + Alpha Blending)

@Peter, but that shows they do use a FR path just like one of the papers stated. Anyway, doesn’t matter :slight_smile: We need an FR path…

So it’s been over a week or so, just wondering what’s happening in regards to ? There are plenty of marks on Trello for it.

Hi ,

Mittring addressed in the Rendering twitch stream, which can be found here: https://www…com/watch?v=DQt_OopZadI&list=UUBobmJyzsJ6Ll7UbfhI4iwQ#t=2627. Forward Rendering is being worked on, however we currently have our resources allocated elsewhere and as such it will take time. We do not have a timeframe of when will be made available.

Are there any update regarding ?

i’d like an update too, it would be appreciated. ideally for UE4 it would be nice to have the best of both worlds. been holding out for 2 years for !

[=Rooster128;476975]
i’d like an update too, it would be appreciated. ideally for UE4 it would be nice to have the best of both worlds. been holding out for 2 years for !
[/]

For translucency you can use in any translucent material and must be enable per material. Set the Lighting Mode to Surface Per-Pixel and set the CVar r.ForwardLighting 1 to enable it. will give you the nice specular highlights on translucent materials. is considered experimental and could be changed in the future.

has been in since 4.8 which was released early last summer. Beyond that I’m not aware of any additional initiatives at the moment to bring forward rendering to UE4 in any other capacity.

If/when is fully implemented will it fix the translucency depth issues? It would be nice to see translucency work well with DOF