FluidNinja VFX Tools

Mesh sampling is a very good idea, I am working on it! —> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPL8…P&index=2&t=0s AND https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFak…P&index=2&t=0s
Right now, focusing on responsive / non-baked fluids - but will get back to Ninja Tools eventually! Max, I really like the way you are using Ninja, makes me happy :slight_smile: - would like to co-op/work together with you if possible - pls check in via andras dot ketzer at gmail
Here is an idea, until then: the rendertarget, that provides the density input for the sim is created via a SCENE CAPTURE camera - you don’t need to sample an animated mesh, just put the mesh in front of the camera :))) - I did this with a skeleton, and it became a smokin undead thing :slight_smile:
Keep in touch!

Hello, I’m new to Fluid Nina and I’m trying to learn how to make my first custom fluid sim.

Following the tutorial and making an FGA file. Upon import of said FGA file I get a crash.

Assertion failed: OutValue != 0 [File:/Build/++UE4+Licensee/Sync/Engine/Source/Editor/UnrealEd/Private/Factories/VectorFieldFactory.cpp] [Line: 80]

UE4Editor_Core!AssertFailedImplV() [D:\Build\++UE4+Licensee\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Private\Misc\AssertionMacros.cpp:100]
UE4Editor_Core!FDebug::CheckVerifyFailedImpl() [D:\Build\++UE4+Licensee\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Private\Misc\AssertionMacros.cpp:450]
UE4Editor_UnrealEd!ParseFGA() [D:\Build\++UE4+Licensee\Sync\Engine\Source\Editor\UnrealEd\Private\Factories\VectorFieldFactory.cpp:163]
UE4Editor_UnrealEd!UVectorFieldStaticFactory::FactoryCreateBinary() [D:\Build\++UE4+Licensee\Sync\Engine\Source\Editor\UnrealEd\Private\Factories\VectorFieldFactory.cpp:230]
UE4Editor_UnrealEd!UFactory::FactoryCreateBinary() [D:\Build\++UE4+Licensee\Sync\Engine\Source\Editor\UnrealEd\Classes\Factories\Factory.h:344]
UE4Editor_UnrealEd!UFactory::FactoryCreateFile() [D:\Build\++UE4+Licensee\Sync\Engine\Source\Editor\UnrealEd\Private\Factories\Factory.cpp:112]
UE4Editor_UnrealEd!UFactory::ImportObject() [D:\Build\++UE4+Licensee\Sync\Engine\Source\Editor\UnrealEd\Private\Factories\Factory.cpp:201]
UE4Editor_AssetTools!UAssetToolsImpl::ImportAssetsInternal() [D:\Build\++UE4+Licensee\Sync\Engine\Source\Developer\AssetTools\Private\AssetTools.cpp:2035]
UE4Editor_AssetTools!UAssetToolsImpl::ImportAssets() [D:\Build\++UE4+Licensee\Sync\Engine\Source\Developer\AssetTools\Private\AssetTools.cpp:1260]
UE4Editor_AssetTools!UAssetToolsImpl::ImportAssetsWithDialog() [D:\Build\++UE4+Licensee\Sync\Engine\Source\Developer\AssetTools\Private\AssetTools.cpp:1093]
UE4Editor_ContentBrowser!SContentBrowser::ImportAsset() [D:\Build\++UE4+Licensee\Sync\Engine\Source\Editor\ContentBrowser\Private\SContentBrowser.cpp:1042]
UE4Editor_ContentBrowser!SContentBrowser::HandleImportClicked() [D:\Build\++UE4+Licensee\Sync\Engine\Source\Editor\ContentBrowser\Private\SContentBrowser.cpp:1033]
UE4Editor_ContentBrowser!TBaseSPMethodDelegateInstance<0,SContentBrowser,0,FReply __cdecl(void)>::Execute() [D:\Build\++UE4+Licensee\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\Delegates\DelegateInstancesImpl.h:298]
UE4Editor_Slate!SButton::ExecuteOnClick() [D:\Build\++UE4+Licensee\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Slate\Private\Widgets\Input\SButton.cpp:385]
UE4Editor_Slate!SButton::OnMouseButtonUp() [D:\Build\++UE4+Licensee\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Slate\Private\Widgets\Input\SButton.cpp:304]
UE4Editor_Slate!FEventRouter::Route<FReply,FEventRouter::FToLeafmostPolicy,FPointerEvent,<lambda_cc5aea9e7377b04ce85c30c65ec3889b> >() [D:\Build\++UE4+Licensee\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Slate\Private\Framework\Application\SlateApplication.cpp:372]
UE4Editor_Slate!FSlateApplication::RoutePointerUpEvent() [D:\Build\++UE4+Licensee\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Slate\Private\Framework\Application\SlateApplication.cpp:4675]
UE4Editor_Slate!FSlateApplication::ProcessMouseButtonUpEvent() [D:\Build\++UE4+Licensee\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Slate\Private\Framework\Application\SlateApplication.cpp:5198]
UE4Editor_Slate!FSlateApplication::OnMouseUp() [D:\Build\++UE4+Licensee\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Slate\Private\Framework\Application\SlateApplication.cpp:5166]
UE4Editor_ApplicationCore!FWindowsApplication::ProcessDeferredMessage() [D:\Build\++UE4+Licensee\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\ApplicationCore\Private\Windows\WindowsApplication.cpp:2133]
UE4Editor_ApplicationCore!FWindowsApplication:eferMessage() [D:\Build\++UE4+Licensee\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\ApplicationCore\Private\Windows\WindowsApplication.cpp:2585]
UE4Editor_ApplicationCore!FWindowsApplication::ProcessMessage() [D:\Build\++UE4+Licensee\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\ApplicationCore\Private\Windows\WindowsApplication.cpp:1809]
UE4Editor_ApplicationCore!FWindowsApplication::AppWndProc() [D:\Build\++UE4+Licensee\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\ApplicationCore\Private\Windows\WindowsApplication.cpp:852]
user32
user32
UE4Editor_ApplicationCore!FWindowsPlatformApplicationMisc::PumpMessages() [D:\Build\++UE4+Licensee\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\ApplicationCore\Private\Windows\WindowsPlatformApplicationMisc.cpp:130]
UE4Editor!FEngineLoop::Tick() [D:\Build\++UE4+Licensee\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Launch\Private\LaunchEngineLoop.cpp:4762]
UE4Editor!GuardedMain() [D:\Build\++UE4+Licensee\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Launch\Private\Launch.cpp:169]
UE4Editor!GuardedMainWrapper() [D:\Build\++UE4+Licensee\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Launch\Private\Windows\LaunchWindows.cpp:137]
UE4Editor!WinMain() [D:\Build\++UE4+Licensee\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Launch\Private\Windows\LaunchWindows.cpp:268]
UE4Editor!__scrt_common_main_seh() [d:\agent\_work\5\s\src\vctools\crt\vcstartup\src\startup\exe_common.inl:288]
kernel32
ntdll

Nonlin, thank you for using Ninja! Addressing your issue on FGA import:

In the Manual, Page 22, the instruction is very specific: remove the first 24 characters of the CSV file header (the last character to be removed is a quotation mark "].) - like this: pls have a careful look at this screenshot: CSV-to-FGA-instruction1 hosted at ImgBB — ImgBB

If you remove less / more characters from the CSV header (not the defined 24), the file can not be recognized by UE, pls be careful! I have re-tested the method this morning under UE 4.25: works fine / no crash!

You could also watch this step-by-step tutorial video demonstrating the creation of FGA files: LINK

Have a go, and in case it still does not work, pls drop me a mail at andras dot ketzer at gmail dot com, and we could start debugging! Cheers, AK

Hello! I am trying to scale this example down but it seems it has a fixed size in the world. I know systems and emitters in Niagara cannot be transformed. What is a good solution for this? Thanks!