I’m at my wit’s end, which admittedly isn’t very far. Why are the pawn’s feet floating in the ABP preview and in-game, but not anywhere else?
For reference, with the default idle animation, everything looks fine in the ABP preview (and in-game):
Here’s what I’m trying to do, on a completely fresh ThirdPerson project:
- Get animset from the Marketplace (Mocap basic, free)
- Import animset to project
- Select all animations to retarget, right-click, select “retarget animation assets”/“duplicate and retarget”…
- Use RTG_UE4Manny_UE5Manny, select SK_Mannequin from animset as source, SKM_Manny as target
- In ABP_Manny, change Locomotion > Idle(State) > Idle animation to one from the animset.
- Compile & save
Result in ABP preview (and in-game):
Imgur: The magic of the Internet (“floating”)
Result in Animation preview (and all other previews):
Imgur: The magic of the Internet (not “floating”)
As you can see in the ABP preview, the pose is weird, his knees are too bent. If I turn off IK, the pawn’s feet return to the ground and the knees straighten. I have therefore concluded it’s an issue with IK. It looks like the pawn is height adjusting on both feet simultaneously…
If I subtract 6 from the ZOffset_L_Target and ZOffset_R_Target in CR_Mannequin_BasicFootIK, the pawn’s feet are on the floor… but he’s still in that weirdly slouchy position, so it doesn’t solve the problem.
I’ve been searching high and low for a solution, but I can’t find anyone else having this problem. Am I personally bugged and need to do some kind of clean reinstall, or am I missing something in the way I am importing the animations, or retargeting, or … anything? Please help…