[ Request] Gifting UE4 Subscriptions

Hey Epic,

Would it be possible to add in the near future the ability to gift via email an UE4 Subscription to a friend?

Thank you for your time,

HeadClot

Just to add to quickly, other users have also asked whether we could “Gift” a UE4 subscriptions to people who purchase one of our games, to allow them to mod the game for as long as they would like (or possibly more than just mod the game)

It’s a cool idea, and would be helpful to those of us who want to have modding support built in, but don’t have the time to create their own modding tool for the game.
So then you would sell your game for 30$ and include a voucher that they can redeem on the Unrealengine.com page. I think that would be a cool way to go about (create Modders version or “Ultimate Edition” of the game, plus the game itself sold at separate price points.

Not sure who it was requesting in the past but went un-answered. Both your idea, and idea, shouldn’t be too difficult to set up, but would allow us to give them a certificate or code though email, and they just log in and download the engine (these would only be a prepaid month of UE4, not a subscription.

Anyways, I’m starting to ramble on here (sorry HeadClot), so I will just leave it at that, but could be a great way to get more users into using UE4 tools, which would be great! :wink:

Agreed Fully!

:slight_smile:

That was me requesting it - it did actually get answered, but it was just to say that they don’t currently have a way to do it, and that if they did they’d want the developer to contact them to make sure it’s something they’re comfortable with having gift-subs packaged with (or something to that effect at least).

I still think it’s a great idea, even if we need to contact Epic to do the modder’s gift code thing, and having the regular gift code support (irrespective of the other uses, like for modding) would be great.

I could definitely see myself giving away a few months’ worth of codes to friends and such, and also perhaps as a freebie contest thing, or something.