[Feature Request] Cancel Button at Compiling Shaders

bump I need this too. Is there a way to vote for feature requests?

Bump dunno about anyone else, but I know its something im doing wrong. Just clicking on the preview pane causes it to load, and start compiling shaders. So if i just click on the wrong thing before saving i can get stuck for like 20 min to an hour. Is game design just like that by design?..Iv got a pretty good label system going on, but sometimes i just click an asset like its gonna show me a preview out of habit of clicking things irl and boom, im screwed.

Sorry complete newbie. I guess my question is was there a cancel button, but I guess this thread answers that. So count this as a vote for such a feature if its even possible? Thanx. If not is there perhaps some type of industry workaround people use to preview complete landscapes, or height maps while world building?

Seriously I feel like a god ■■■■ prisoner 8n front of my computer, and ■■■■ me if I get a crash, this is crazy I’m just importing a character and clothing and animations 3 separate processes to be safe and accurate but it shouldn’t keep compiling on me I know what the character looks like I made him lol. I will compile when I’m do so I can go pay attention to my wife mate! Skul to the badass who fixes this (without me having to change code and recompile) I don’t got it like that lol. Thanks

1 Like

I guess this still isn’t a feature…
I have a 12C 24T processor, but everytime I edit a material it starts compiling more than 25K shaders and it takes a lot of time, it’s just unbearable…

1 Like

This feature sounds great.
Is there way to contact unreal engine team on this to get feedback when they can review the proposed change?
Currently even the code for this feature is written and suggested with pull-request, now it takes code review and merging to make it happen.

1 Like

I think that the pull request you are talking about is more than four years old, I wouldn’t expect to see it implemented soon… You can copy the edits and build the engine from source, but I don’t really think that they will release it (at least not for UE4)

Yeah, it’s been awhile ago but maybe code is still compatible with UE5.0.
But the problem is when the code was released for 4 years there was no final response from Unreal that feature is discarded or not or that code needs to be modified.
Currently it’s seems pointless modifying the code, testing if it works on UE5 if Unreal will just ignore it nonetheless.

1 Like