Failed to generate code project files using C++ FPS Template

That does look correct. I have reached out to one of the Developers to see if he has any ideas to help resolve this. I am hoping to hear back from him soon.

After getting that message, could you close the editor and send us your log file?

It should be under C:\Users\AppData\Local\UnrealEngine\4.2\Saved\Logs\UE4.log.

I was unaware of that log, so I noticed one thing the first time around. When I re-installed all the programs, I meant to install the editor to the C drive, but I realized it was still on the D drive (where I normally install programs). So I just un-installed it again, and installed to C:. So the log attached is the log from trying to build a code project.

Thanks again. link text

Interesting! I’ve not seen that before. The key line from the log is this:

File name: 'file:///F:\Alex\Documents\Unreal Projects\MyProjectCODE\Intermediate\Build\BuildRules\RocketProjectFileGeneratorModuleRules.dll' ---> System.NotSupportedException: An attempt was made to load an assembly from a network location which would have caused the assembly to be sandboxed in previous versions of the .NET Framework. This release of the .NET Framework does not enable CAS policy by default, so this load may be dangerous. If this load is not intended to sandbox the assembly, please enable the[link text][1] loadFromRemoteSources switch. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=155569 for more information.

We use C# as a scripting language to extend our build system, and that DLL is compiled by UnrealBuildTool from the build script in your new project. It looks like Windows thinks your F:\ drive is a network drive. Does it still occur if you try creating a project on your C:\ drive?

If that doesn’t work, from the link in the error (<loadFromRemoteSources> Element | Microsoft Docs), it looks like putting the attached file in your C:\Program Files\Unreal Engine\4.2\Engine\Binaries\DotNET folder might work. You’ll need to remove the .txt extension from the file after downloading it; it’s just to get around the upload filter on the website.

Could you try that?

I don’t know why I didn’t think of changing the location of where the project files was built but that works (even on my F: drive). So it appears that it has something to do with how I have my “My Documents” set I would guess.

I did also test putting that config file in the Engine/Binary folder, and creating the code project in F:/Documents directory, and got the same error. I did remove the txt (see image). So I am not sure if that fix will work without some additional tweaking…

Thanks for looking into this… This issue really had me puzzled.
~Alex