Faceware & Unreal Troubleshooting for Metahumans

If you are using the free faceware live link plugin, you will need to go to their website, sign in and I believe they have the zip for the motion logic blueprint linked in their documentation. If you are using the GlassboxTech Live Client plugin, then you can find that on their website in the Metahumans section.

Thanks for the info, I found the faceware files, however they cause my project to crash as soon as I try interact with them in any way. Iā€™ll give the Glassbox pipeline a try and see how that goes.

Did you unzip the folder and drop only the motion logic folder into your project?

I did, I can see the content, including the face and body ABPā€™s, however they crash the project. I tried a new project and ran into the same problem with them.

However, the glassbox files and their respective plugin are working for me.

Hey there, I had the same issue. I tried a lot of things, but what worked for me is validating the folder that those files are in, hope that helps you. Cheers :slight_smile:

Hi Gabriella.

First, I thank you for your help.
My problem with faceware capture is that the facial animations are not very good. The upper lip, for e.g., trembling, the eyes look off, and the whole motion isnā€™t translated very well to UNREAL 4.27.

Could that be a calibration or video issue (Iā€™m using a video of myself to capture the animation)?

Thanks again.

Greetings!

Is there any way to get the head motion to be tracked as well (From FaceWare) when importing into Unreal?

1 Like

Hello Gabriella,
Thank you very much for creation of this thread! Iā€™ve run into a problem with Shared Poses for different characters, that doesnā€™t have a Metahuman Rig, but l donā€™t know who to contact about this issue. Iā€™ve been trying to search for documentations, but couldnā€™t find anything. Maybe you could share where or whom l might be able to write an email.
Thank you in advance and wish you all the best!