Extremely low performance on importing or changing assets in Paper2d

Hello ,
I haven’t forgot about you ,i am just extremely busy trying to finish something.I promise i will try to send you something tomorrow. Out of curiosity cant you replicate this with my previous project? You just have to add about 80-90 textures and then try to change their compression settings (with property matrix)from default tc to TCuserinterfase2d with about 12000 sprites on a level.In my system it does exactly what it used to do (haven’t tried it in this build though.) before fixed it .Extreme memory spikes until my system runs out of it and crashes.

Take your time, just wanted to make sure we got this looked at at some point.

Unfortunately, I cleaned out a bunch of older projects and I believe I deleted yours with them by mistake. I’ll take a second look, though.

As promised here is a small demo project that showcases problem.
Please property matrix all textures that are in appropriate folder (i went a little overboard :slight_smile: ) and try to change compression method to TCuserinterfase2d .
Thank you for rotation solution as well! I will try it in a little while to see if it works…

Hey !
Did you find some time to test this?

Yep! I’m seeing same issue you’re describing; though it doesn’t crash my machine, memory still spikes pretty drastically. I’ve emailed to see how he would like to handle it, and i’ll keep you updated. Thanks!

Just letting you know that I have created a new bug report for this (UE-8681), though I believe it is related to older bug we entered. I will let you know when I see an update on it.