Exterior Light Studies

Best exterior lighting i have seen… congratulation bro you are the best…:cool:

Hello, guys. I’ve put together some footage of this project to make a video. I’m not quite happy with the rain yet, but decided it was good enough to go on with my video concept (otherwise it would never be finished =P). I’ve used the VFX Weather Package (from marketplace) plus the snow storm particle effects (Particle Effects content on marketplace) with some tweaks to give that rain some density. C&C are most welcome as always, mainly some tips to improve rain? :smiley:

I’m getting 35~55fps at 1080p on a 980Ti. My GPU obviously couldn’t handle that project in 4k so I exported the takes via Sequence export tool and put everything together + song in Premiere.
Here are some screenshots:

congrats! the end result is impressive.

EPIC! (pun intended)

Beautiful work. That last shot is particularly stunning! =)

Just stunning. Love the dynamic lighting on the trees. The atmosphere looks realistic. Great work.

Wow, stunning result. Congrats! Some day I gotta dive into exterior vegetation and lighting, because it always seems to hold me back.

I think the rain drops look good on their own, but the rain gusts are a bit too extreme in my opinion. They look a bit too much like sand storms in some shots.
To improve that I think you should either add more extreme wind animation to match the rain, or tone down the intensity of these rain gusts

awesome quality. the lighting and the colors have this slightly pale and grainy look which resemble photos quite more than what you see usually in 3d scenes, so it gives it quite a realistic feel

as you produce your own textures you could sell those and include a quick guide to the parameters you use in SpeedTree. This way you could sell it legally and buyers (requiring SpeedTree) would be able to re-create everything.
If you have other reasons to not sell your assets I can understand. but if it’s only the SpeedTree asset license limitations, with the above method you’d certainly get quite some buyers (myself included)

looking forward to that!

:o wow cant wait till full rpg games look this good! good job man

Hi, I would like to consult why I can not put the .exr map in the skylight slot?, and if I can put a .hdr
Thank you very much for any reply.

I don’t know either. I always convert my HDR files to EXR so I can apply them on spherical meshes.

Hi, great job :smiley:
mind if i ask how did u do ur landscape? did u use UE4 landscape tools or do it in 3d software?
also how big is ur landscape? ty

Hi, Can you share how do you set foliage type to landscape materials ?

@rabellogp Hi, Are you using distance field occulsion from the skylight to get shadows cast between the leaves or cascaded shadows works just fine, seems this only works with movable skylight though. Also for the trees shader are you using the two sided foilage shading model with masked or translucent blend mode?

Hello, I’m looking for guy like you for a project. P.M me on skype :

Will be waiting there

Cheers,

Thanks.
I’ve used Google Earth + Sktetchup + UE4 Landscape Tool. I used a Sketchup tool to grab real topography information of a real location from Google Earth. It’s been a while since I did this though, so I can’t say if Sketchup still has this feature… Then I exported the terrain geometry from Sketchup to 3DS and created a grayscale elevation map which I applied on UE4 Landscapes to get the elevation I needed.

&stc=1

I’ve just followed this: Grass Quick Start in Unreal Engine | Unreal Engine 5.3 Documentation

1. I’m using Distance Field AO just for the rain light scenario. In that case, I’ve set the skylight to movable. For the other light scenarios I’m relying on default AO.
  2. Two sided foliage for everything but the billboards.

Thank for your answer, I have following it before but when i create landscape grass type i can’t set my grass mesh to Movable.
Can you tell me how do you set your grass and foliage to Dynamic ?
thank

THNKS for the insight !

It´s amazing work!! Congratulations. Superb

wow, that´s just stunning…